What is your favourite region for terrain flying?

I have done many terrain flights in the Southern California region and it is stunning! Few days ago I found something that looked like a very narrow valley outside of Palm Springs and it was amazing to fly through it!

Post your favourite terrain flying region below!

3 Likes

Any with live ATC … ;)

8 Likes

Sydney, love the hills and plains. I’ve pretty much traveled around the region in real life so I love seeing it on IF

7 Likes

Denver all the way. Great terrain, KASE, KEGE and many more

9 Likes

Denver or Seattle regions, both have some great mountain flying and challenging airports.

I mostly fly in the Southern California Region. Because i mostly use the USCG C-130 J and KSAN is an awesome place to takeoff to do simulated missions. Over the Pacific.

1 Like

Seattle region is really good for mountainous terrains. Same goes to Denver as it’s located at high altitude.

You can try flying in Hawaii or Caribbean where you can see beautiful mountains and do some island hoppings on each of the island. It’s really beautiful imho

5 Likes

Denver is my favourite. With high airfields located over high ground. Perfect fun. Taking about terrain, Qatar VA is hosting a terrain low flying event next Sunday. Should join:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/qatar-airways-va-low-level-dash-through-denver-kege-121900zmar17

2 Likes

Denver
I love seeing the end of the region when I do approach KMTJ from northwest ❤

This is really the only i will really regret after Global update.
Being able to see the end of region in a sunset and just envious to fly out of region to the infinite 😍

I really should fly there more often until global break this scenic approach

1 Like

Seattle and Denver are pretty much on par.

It’s a good challenging approach into 33 at KASE

1 Like

You Ok? You have to be in the infinite love mist ;-)
I agree, the winner is the Denver region.

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%. Denver allows for the best skill testing.

2 Likes

Seattle is nice, should fly to Denver in global sometime though!

2 Likes

Do a valley approach into aspen so much fun!

• Seattle Region
  • Denver Region

0 voters

I would choose the Denver region personally just because of all of the mountains.

1 Like

Seattle is very good for mountain flying. It has Mount St. Helens, as well as other very interesting mountain ranges.

1 Like

Paris , the grassland is stuning

2 Likes

Example

1 Like