What Is Your Favorite Phonetic Callsign?

This was completely random but I wanted to hear: Many of the callsigns you choose tend to relate to one of the 26 letter ICAO or NATO phonetic alphabet. Many of these letters has a purpose and has a assignment that’s given to it! What is your favorite letter phonetic and why is it important. Many callsigns serve a purpose in the air so having to hear each others favorite phonetic callsign would be very collaborating. I have listed a phonetic alphabet below just in case your not familiar of what they mean.

My favorite Phonetic Callsign is HP-10 because a Hotel is where I first started my aviation dream, my “Papa” (grandfather) is a Brigadier General in the Air Force, and 10 is the number in which was my age when I wanted to make this dream!

imageimage

(Sorry for the double page, couldn’t help it… Anyways, lets here your thoughts on favorite Phonetic Callsign!

8 Likes

E

E

E

E

(Get it?)

I like zulu, because it’s “Pilots time”.

40 Likes

Lima bravo victor November

(Peru beat the New Zealand football team in Lima in November)

And Peru flew military jets over the nz team hotel so it suits

5 Likes

GO. Sounds cool… and it was part of my default callsign when I first got Live.

1 Like

I like Papa and Romeo. Those are my initials.

Someone on IF flies with the callsign P, and Siri translates it as “Papa”. I laugh everytime I hear it.

1 Like

But p does stand for papa

1 Like

I stuck with November Alpha Alpha Whiskey Delta Bravo, I don’t know why, but it just came and I just stuck with it

I like Delta as one of my favourite airline is called as Delta 😉

So, D is definitely my favourite

2 Likes

Ummmm, I remember learning the phonetic alphabet. I can do it all if you ask me any. My favourite is Y for Yankee

2 Likes

C - charlie and F - foxtrot are probably my faves.

1 Like

I

Since I’m from India 😀🇮🇳
That’s my favourite Phonetic Alphabet but my Favourite Callsign would have to be:

N2JT

since Lufthansa 2JT was the first ever flight I listened to in LiveATC.net and it blew me away. I won’t forget listening to my first ever Live ATC transmission.

1 Like

Alpha Papa Papa Lima Echo Papa India Echo

(APPLEPIE)

sorry @anon66442947

2 Likes

R2D2. you better remember this!

I see @schyllberg has some competition :P. Bravo Bravo 8 doesn’t have as nice a ring to it.

1 Like

I changed it as there was an imposter who couldn’t tell a pattern from straight out…

8 Likes

JCEC1617, because those are the initials of me and my closest friend…ever…although we are no longer in contact with each other.

N248AJ is my favorite. Because November is the month i was born in and 248 was just a random pick. And AJ is my nick name.

N2DV is what I love using Delta and Victor together just sounds cool

I like X-Ray, it just sounds cool 🤷🏾‍♂️.

1 Like