What is your favorite flight of your lifetime?

My Favorite Flight Of All time is being in one of the first flights of Garuda Indonesia PK-GIA nonstop route to Amsterdam From Jakarta

2 Likes

American Airlines MD-80 final flight on DFW-AMA-DFW. Never gonna forget that one.

Although, of course, we will potentially experience more memorable ones in the future :)

I don’t think our “lifetimes” are anywhere close to being over… hopefully.

6 Likes

EGCC to BIKF in a Iceland Air 757-200

1 Like
1 Like

My lifetime favourite flight must be the first ever flight I did on my own; it was in 1987, I was 26 and had finished my university and I was embarking on a world trip with my backpack. The first flight was Amsterdam > Toronto.

After that I traveled through Canada and the north west of the US, and moved on to Hawaii, Fiji and Australia.
By the time my trip finished, flying was still special.
And it always has special.

6 Likes

I think my favorite flight has been on a Ford Tri-Motor. Indescribable experience it is. Full power takeoff, sharp turning, not holding an altitude for more than 3 seconds. We were going up and down constantly, at one time, dropping 30 feet in 1 second! Banking over 45 degrees at one time. A great flight on a great and legendary aircraft, 90 years old! I do t know how much longer the Tri-Motor will be flying, so that made it even better. I thank a passenger (who’s name will not be revealed) for attempting to let me in the cockpit, unfortunately I couldn’t, due to the Airventure Oshkosh rules. And I thank the pilots for taking me on the short but special trip. It was truly awesome.

2 Likes

Delta 747 to Los Angeles from Tokyo Narita… once and maybe even only time I will ever be on one 747

2 Likes

Virgin Atlantic B747 gatwick to Las Vegas đź‘Ś and back again. amazing experience

3 Likes

Tie between my first training flight and my first solo flight.

1 Like

My favorite flight was DEN-MUC (KDEN-EDDM) and the return in Lufthansa’s A340-600. They were my first international flights, my first time on a non-US airline, and my first time on a long haul aircraft. They were fantastic flights all around, and I loved every minute of them.

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s very hard to choose between these two. It’s either the flight I took from KMIA - EGLL on the Virgin B789, or KATL - KDAY in the Delta MD88.

1 Like

Gotta be MT692. EGBB-LTFE. A321 of Thomas Cook in Condor titles with reg G-TCDP. Great crew and last flight to Turkey with them

1 Like

My favorite flight was on the fifth freedom flight on KLM from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. It’s still my only experience on KLM and on a fifth freedom flight!

1 Like

My flight from LHR-AUS on the BA Landor Livery on the 747:

1 Like