What Is Your Favorite Aviation Movie?

I’m not really a movie person, but I do want some recommendations for good aviation movies. So, talk away and let me as well as the IFC know what aviation movies you guys like!

I’ll start us off. My favorite is Airport, from 1970, just a good all around movie. You can find more about it here

7 Likes

So I like Pearl Harbor ✈️
Click here

1 Like

Captain Sully!

4 Likes

Always is a fantastic movie
Air America is funny
Strategic Air command is has awesome scenes, my favorite thing about it is Jimmy Stewart flew all those aircraft in that movie as an Air Force Pilot!

1 Like

I have to go with the movie Airplane! It has to be the funniest movie I’ve seen to date.

7 Likes

Just saying.

14 Likes

Not a serious movie, but I agree with @Butter_Boi. Airplane! is so funny and I can watch it over and over and never get bored! Easily one of my favorite comedy movies.

And don’t call me Shirley.

4 Likes

Shirley you can’t be serious.

5 Likes

Airplane!
Memphis Belle
Sully
The Right Stuff
Redtails or anything Tuskegee related.

11 Likes

I can tell by the profile photo. 😉

2 Likes

I’m really not a film person, but I really must watch Airplane! at some point.

2 Likes

Heard a lot of good things about this, maybe I should watch…

1 Like

Sully. It’s kinda the only real aviation live I’ve seen. It’s so realistic too!

2 Likes

To be honest, my favorite is super generic. Top Gun.

However I also like:

• Flight
  • Sully
  • Con Air
2 Likes

Sully and top gun. Probably the 2 most common answers you’ll get and also my favourites. Although two of the new movies, being Midway (hasn’t come out yet in aus) and Top Gun Maverick both look pretty good, so those might be my favourites in a year’s time, I don’t know.

2 Likes

Oh no did I realise that I’m uncultured as hell!

1 Like

Top Gun and Planes are my favorite

1 Like

Gotta love Sully! But if you want a really unrealistic one, watch Airline Disaster.

1 Like

Top gun all the way
Best chick flick of the 80s

1 Like

Airplane! ftw. Amazing comity movie

3 Likes