What is your favorite approach on any airport?

I have 3.

1. Is KDCA, you have to follow a river down to the runway because if you were to fly straight in on approach, you are violating many airspace’s. Also it’s very fun to do.
  2. Is PAJN. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL approach and scenery. There are two ways to do it, one, you fly through what I like to call the “crystal river” which looks absolutely gorgeous, or, you can fly through the mountains, which is also amazing. IF did a great job with the scenery in Alaska.
  3. is MZBZ approach. It’s not difficult but it’s VERY beautiful. The water is just amazing looking and the scenery in general is just gorgeous.
    Those are my 3, share yours below!
3 Likes

Faa’a in Tahiti- a very beautiful and mountainous approach

7 Likes

Ahh yes, I’ve done that one before!

1 Like

Definitely Innsbruck!

5 Likes

I love the approach into Honolulu, wonderful scenery. You know what, I love the approach into any Hawaiian island!

3 Likes

I would say the approach into Christchurch New Zealand NZCH is one of the most beautiful and challenging approaches I’ve ever done with the airport being Partially surrounded by mountains

2 Likes
  1. London Heathrow, If the app doesn’t lag
  2. Dubai
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Bristol
  5. Glasgow
3 Likes

KJAC Is and awesome approach!
VNLK I also like because it’s scenic but hard to land too!

2 Likes

SAWC from the west!

3 Likes

Besides the obvious like Kai Tak, I would say the following: KCGX (Meigs Field) Runway 18
TJSJ (San Juan) Runway 08
KMDW (Midway) Runway 22L

5 Likes

Definitely San Diego you can see all the buildings on approach 😎

5 Likes

KLGA’s Expressway Visual onto runway 31!

3 Likes

LPMA (Madeira), LGIR (Iraklio), LPPT (Lisboa) LSGG (Geneva) and LSZH (Zurich) are among my favourites.

Also EGLC (London/City) for its 5.5° approach.

2 Likes

SJU RWY 08 Approach is honestly my favorite. :D

3 Likes

I don’t know if I have a favorite. I like a lot of descents into airports along the western USA (KLAS, KLAX, KSFO, and more). I also like descents into Chicago (KORD or KMDW) from along or over Lake Michigan.

Oh, descents into KMRY from the west with very limited visibility is thrilling in IF and IRL.

2 Likes

EGBB is nice

2 Likes

Africa - HKJK
Europe - LPMA
Asia - WSSS
N. America - KJFK
S. America - SCEL
Oceania - NZQN(My favourite)

2 Likes

SEQM- the most scenic approach with some sharp turns. Landing at 8000 ft is never a bad time. Mountains surround you and it is often turbulent

3 Likes

MHTG North RNAV approach, love it when there’s low visibility

2 Likes

Yeah I also love KSAN approach, I do it in IF and IRL :)

1 Like