What is your advice for greasing a landing?

I am just curious on what your advice for buttering a landing is!

4 Likes

Keep on the gls, aim for the touchdown blocks (the biggest white boxes) and flare at about 10-15 feet agl.

3 Likes

I try to use the runways facing me into the wind, and if there is a crosswind, land on either the right or left wheel first depending on the direction. Use trim so you don’t slam the nose wheel down

2 Likes

Use HUD especially it has helped me and also , dont have the zoom all the way back . You should zoom it closer to the windshield and also have the FPV ( flight path vector ) on aswell It’ll really help you on your landing. And also while landing slow the way you tilt your device so you dont slam the nose gear down , especially on smaller planes like the crj. Hope this helps !

2 Likes

Use Trim +10 to +15, add slight power when you are 50 feet above the runway.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 3 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

When landing, try to aim in between the two large rectangles and the four small rectangles. This is called the landing zone.

1 Like

Don’t flare to early , sounds ironic but but you end up floating and ends up in you pushing the nose down or stalling lol

14 Likes

Everything that the people before me said really does help but I also find that not thinking about helps me the most just think of it as another landing nothing special don’t focus to hard on a butter landing it’ll just come with time.

1 Like

Well, I’ll say it scince it was flagged (for being funny) ;)

Use the green circle in the HUD, use rudder and flare at 130kts (in a 737 for example). Also use planes that butters :)

1 Like

You just do it ya know ;)

1 Like

This is why Infinite Flight created YouTube Tutorials…

2 Likes

Lots of practice. Also make sure not to compromise centerline or float the landing going for the lowest FPM. Also don’t set it down too softly as this can damage the airplane.

1 Like

Basically, try not to let the aircraft touch the ground. It sounds silly but if your approach was stable and you’re at the correct speed, that should work.

2 Likes

Always try to lift the yoke a tiny bit every second and when your airspeed is below 20knots you can cut the throttle and hopefully have a nice buttery landing!

1 Like

As many have said before: Practice, practice and practice some more! And remember:

If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you can use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing. - Chuck Yeager (RIP)

4 Likes

I use APPR until about 3-5 nm out then I disable everything and hand fly the plane till the last minute.

This strategy has allowed me to butter landing left and right. One of my best landings was -120 fpm!

2 Likes

I turn my sensitivity way down so I can ensure a steady approach and landing.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the IF world!!

1 Like