What is this?

What is this thing for?

2 Likes

The glideslope indicator. Set the runway ILS/GPS approach and if the arrow is down you have to go down, if the arrow is up, go up.

8 Likes

Ahhh perfect thanks very usefull

1 Like

This is what it’s called :)

2 Likes

No problem :)

1 Like

Yep, forgot the name :-)

2 Likes

how does that work?

2 Likes

You know how the HUD has the ILS/GPS Approaches for runways?

1 Like

yeah…

how does it indicate to go down or up…

does it know what its doing…

1 Like

It’s the localizer, it helps you line up to land directly on the threshold

1 Like

still don’t get it, PM me details instead of writing it here?

thanks!

1 Like

Although @Patrick_U has probably explained it to you it might as well be posted publicly for other confused users :)

In basic terms, the Glidescope gives descent guidance to land accurately. Once you are on the ILS you can view your position relative to the Glidescope by using that indicator you have circled. Like it’s been said above, if the indicator arrow is above the Center rectangle then you need to be higher, and lower if it’s below.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the PAPI :)

3 Likes

So that’s the glideslope…thanks @Patrick_U!

2 Likes

Hello fellow IF enthusiast!

There is a very detailed and excellent tutorial made by @Aernout how to fly a ILS approach (the thing that you seemed to have problems with)

Here is the link.

2 Likes

Simplified, its the glide slope thingy. The arrow points to where the glide slope is, whether you’re on, above or below the glide slope.

1 Like

Localizer is lateral (i.e. to the left or right) while the glideslope is vertical (i.e. up or down) :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.