What is this piece?

I have been observing for quite some time, that all airplanes have this rounded metal plate and I am curious to know what it is. The airbus takes it in the nose and the boeing more centered. What is your function?

1 Like

It is one of those sensors that measures wind, altitude, and or temp

1 Like

Hmm. Never seen it before.

Those are most likely static ports.


you might want to move this to real world aviation. Otherwise, not really sure what that is.


Welcome to the community. We appreciate your post today, but in order to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviation categories, you must be trust level 2 (TL2).

Keep reading, posting, liking, and following the guidelines and you’ll get there in no time! Also, be sure to search for any similar existing posts before making your own, in order to avoid making a duplicate topic.

Below is some information regarding trust levels and the how this forum works - we ask that you please take a look over and understand these posts. Don’t hesitate to message a moderator if you have any questions. Thanks!