What Is The Worst Conditioned Plane You Have Had To Fly?

Hey Guys and Gals! I am curious for all the true flyers on this forum, tell us all about an old beater or just a bad day! What is the worst conditioned plane you have had to fly Yourself?!

Edit: I love the stories of the broken recliners lol. So if you want to say the worst conditions you’ve ever flown as a passenger, go for it!

To start I’ll give you an example from my past!
KC130T- yes, all on one flight
-3 of the 8 fuel gauges errored out, with another intermittent. Fuel totalizer inaccurate.
-Some of the fuel tanks could not fill to capacity(causing balance issues and mission capability concerns)
-Intermittent VHF1
-1 Air Conditioner Out
-pressurization issues

There may have been some other nav issues at the time too, but that wasn’t my job. Lol

What do you guys have!?!

7 Likes

im not sure tbh

1 Like

a C150 older than me.
Always has magneto problem when I doing the run-up check.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure most people in IFC are going to say “I’ve never even flown a plane in real life”.

4 Likes

I flew on a 32 year old C172 before
It was heavily maintained
My friend who owns that C172 has been thinking about retiring it lately, as maintenance is getting very expensive.

2 Likes

I’ve flown airplanes a lot older than 30 years old. The Cessna 172 I flew was over 40 years old and was a champ

1 Like

United old bad crappy B757

2 Likes

Same here I flew on a six hour flight to EWR from LAX and the in flight entertainment was broken for my seat only. WiFi didn’t work and there was a baby crying behind me and kicking my seat
EDIT: Sorry I didn’t read the title correctly I thought it said had to fly on not had to fly

1 Like

Delta 737 to New York. I was in the last row and couldn’t recline. Not to mention there was a guy who assaulted the flight attendant who delayed the plane. Luckily, the passengers were nice and liked to talk. The plane was dirty as well, but at least we got free drinks.

1 Like

UIA 737-500 from Kiev to Warsaw. Apart from being ancient and the old interior pretty much falling apart (I think it was ex Air France not changed since delivery) the FA spilt the Business class drinks over my leg. Worst flight I’ve ever been on.

1 Like

*Folks this is what conditioned plane you’ve been on not your worst flight. Let’s stay on track here

1 Like

I know I didn’t read the topic name correctly.

1 Like

EL AL 777-200ER LAX-TLV and TLV-LAX super old and ancient cabin and super bump ride

1 Like

5 Likes

The C130s I flew on were older than me. Lol. 20-30 years old most of them were

I flew on a C162 that had a squeaky door and felt real old and unstable in the wind. The door ended up ripping off mid flight so the squeaking wasn’t a problem anymore

6 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking😂

2 Likes

Wish I was…

Pictures or it didn’t happen. Lol

2 Likes

I didn’t have a phone at the time, but it’s a known issue with the C162, it’s doors open differently than other Cessnas. That was the second recorded accident at KGTU regarding C162 doors.
I switched back to the C172 after that…