What is the weirdest airport you have been to?

hello I’m pretty sure this is not a duplicate great apologies if it is but I would like to know what some of the weirdest, craziest, or just downright bad airports you have been to. (irl)

2 Likes

Maybe RKZ/ZURK Shigatse Peace Airport or LXA/ZULS Lhasa Gonggar International Airport. It feels like that you are crashing into a mountain while landing and takeoff.

2 Likes

Once I was at Gasbourne airport in New Zealand, and I guess that was weird for me because they had a train running straight through the runway

3 Likes

is that airport also held up by supports? because I’ve heard of that airport and I want to know if what im thinking is right?

I believe u are talking about Madeira Airport.

1 Like

The weirdest I’ve been to? Ehh… xd I haven’t been to weird airports but… I’ve been to an airport with a weird design.

AGP/LEMG; Malaga Costa del Sol Airport. The departures are on the 2nd floor but you can take an elevator there that’s on the other side from the railway station without any signs saying where it is. You can also take a short staircase that’s in the arrivals area. But is really hard to find and I almost couldn’t stand there cause of the height (I’m 160cm).

I would say KFLL. Arrivals at the SWA terminal are at ground level (nothing really weird here, most airports do that), but departures and security are on the 3rd floor above the gates, along with shops. All that is there on the 2nd floor are the gates, entrance, and bag drops for connecting flights. I think this design was chosen to save space.

1 Like

That seems very weird but the lack of things on the seconed floor is probably not efficient

That isn’t really wierd since here in RCTP/TPE Check-in, security, and immigration are on the 3rd floor and the gates are on the 2nd floor(Terminal 2 btw).

2 Likes

Oh ok thx this is my first successful topic before I posted a lot of duplicates (not on purpose)

2 Likes

Gisbourne airport?

Image of it

Well I went to Denver airport and it’s pictures are really out there. Oslo has some pretty weird statues. Went I went to La Guardia the heating broke in one part so I was cold.

1 Like

I think Madeira Airport is on stilts. It is the most popular one so you might be thinking of that.

KLGA. I know they have been improving but it was just always a bad airport and the staff always acted weird.

TNCM. When your on final, you looo like you are about to crash into the beach. Also my home airport looks kind of weird, at KSNA has its final to over the busiest and most congested freeway in the US on short final.

2 Likes

I used to fly out of Elstree (EGTR) which is near Heathrow and the runway on it is essentially a massive speed bump. Honestly such a rough stretch of runway.

Great fun to fly into though, there’s trees really close to one end of the runway so if you’re approaching from 08 it’s awesome!!

Denver International they take it to another level. Not only is the runways shaped like a Swastika. Not to mention the picture that @Kate_Russell stated.

3 Likes

Weirdest airport for me is John Wayne Orange County Airport (KSNA) after takeoff, the power is cut down to almost half due to noise restrictions. Weird but fascinating

1 Like

Yup that’s what I meant sorry typo