Hello IFC, I thought it would be interesting to see the ages of some commercial aircrafts our members have flown on.
My top 4 newest planes:
- Turkish 77W (reg unknown) from IST-IAH in 2015- aircraft was a week and a half old
- Southwest 737 8 MAX (N8701Q) Just over a month old at the time (2018) from BOS-AUS
- Norwegian 789 (G-CKWC) 1.5 months old at the time (2018) from AUS-LGW
- Emirates 77W (A6-EQB) 7.5 months old at the time (2018) from DXB-DFW
- Icelandair 757 “80 years of aviation” 26 years old at the time (2018) from KEF-JFK
I’ve flown on so many SWA 737s, idk the regs, they might be like 19 years
- American 757 N197AN 18 years old (2019) MIA-UIO
What about you guys?
EDIT: GA/museum visits not allowed. You have to have flown on the plane, and it has to be commercial. I’ve been in a 70 year old WW2 plane and flown some 30-40 yr ols cessnas, it doesnt count. Commercial only please!