What is the most run down plane you have flown on?

Just a little discussion!
Personally I have flown on a Beechcraft 1900 into Nassau, Bahamas. On the decent the plane jolted very hard. Not even like strong turbulence hard. We felt another jolt but much stronger. The left engine abruptly stopped. And that force rotated the plane (the jolt).

Whats your experience?

i havent really flown on many run down planes
edit: once i flew on a 25 year old a321 and you could certainly see its age on the inside but apart from that it was fine

1 Like

If it’s “run down” in terms of age then that would be a 22yo 777-200. However the interior was modern and it really didn’t show its age, it did look tired though.

1 Like

Yikes. Planes get tired too!

I once flew on a 15 year old ERJ 145. You could tell it was old by the General look of the interior and the way the tires shrieked while landing.

We appreciate your post today, but in order to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviationcategories, you must be Trust Level 2 (TL2).

Keep reading, posting, liking, and following the guidelines and you’ll get there in no time! Also, be sure to search for any similar existing posts before making your own, in order to avoid making a duplicate topic.

Below are some helpful links to get you started. This includes some information regarding trust levels and more importantly the how this forum works. We ask that you please take a look through this important material and understand these posts. A lot of hard work was put into these topics for new members like you. We hope you enjoy your experience here with us. Please don’t hesitate to message a moderator if you have any questions. And last but not least, have fun! Thanks for the help and understanding!

A Beginners Guide to the Forum

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

General Forum Guidelines 2018

A 33 year old B737-300. Boy flying on one of JAT’s 73’s was an awesome experience.

This was the exact aircraft I flew on when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Hawaiian B717 or Qantas B767-300

I feel on some older planes the seats are more comfy… Maybe thats just me…

Thank you! but my topic was already moved for me!

Please do not move topics for users who have not yet reached the required trust level. It defeats the purpose of having the rule in place.

Additionally, I feel we have had too many “What if” topics that are all very similar.

5 Likes