What is the most remote airport you have been to?

Mine is probably Francistown airport, in which I also mentioned as my other topic on “what is the least busy airport you have been to?”

if you don’t get what it means by remote you can google it, but in this case I mean what is the least accessible airport you have been to/“randomest” airport you have been to

5 Likes

Unfortunately in all honestly I have to say, KPIT… 😞

I’d hardly call it “remote” but by the numbers it is the smallest…

Actually it isn’t remote at all, but it is in a much less dense area than FLL, ORD, EWR, or ARL… so…

4 Likes

Svalbard, Saint Helena, some Siberian airports to mention a few…

Edit: RIP, thought it was for IF 😂
And to actually answer the question, wouldnt really say ive ever been to a remote airport. The least busy airport i ve been to is my local one, LATI.

2 Likes

oh wow Jeez Svalbard and saint helena

man that’s cool that you have been there

1 Like

Kinmen, Taiwan.

Took a ferry from Xiamen, China to the island and then took a flight to Taipei Songshan.

3 Likes

Eastgate airport in hoedspruit South Africa

4 Likes

My uncle has been to the most remote airport ever. He even lived there for 6 months!

credit: nationalinterest.org

7 Likes

Kitchener Canada image

3 Likes

Uh probably Grand canyon national Park airport. Not super remote but that I think is the best I’ve got.

2 Likes

INV Inverness Florida

1 Like

Punta Gorda, Florida.

1 Like

La Fortuna Arenal Airport in Costa Rica. Flew in on a private charter a few years back. The terminal is just an open room under a roof. I was shocked that they even had a baggage cart!

fancy-arenal-airport

2 Likes

Lisičji Jarak Airport, 13 km north of Belgrade. Only one 1,000 meter grass runway. Don’t age any pictures but I was there in 2018. There’s a couple of GA parked there, and one old Yugoslavian Air Force aircraft. The buildings consist of a wonderful outdoor cafe, a small first aid center, and some offices.

That blue airport map label, by the way, is there because of me, I contacted Apple Maps and told them about it :)

2 Likes

PLS, KGTU.

Although, the glider port where I go for gliding is super remote. Grass runway. It’s FLF glider port in Briggs, Texas. If that counts, that’s the winner.

1 Like

Not very remote or unheard of but it would be Kona International on the Big Island of Hawaii (PHKO)

1 Like

GA: KRCR (Fulton County Airport, Rochester, IN) or C65 (Plymouth, IN)
Commercial: KMEI (Meridian Regional Airport, MS) or KGTR (Golden Triangle Regional Airport, Columbus, MS)

1 Like

Yakutat (PAYA), Gustavus/Glacier Bay (PAGS), Barrow (PABA), Nome (PAOM), Adak (PADK).

Adak is pretty impressive as its wayyy out there!
07d92c93ca6910abb4258ce03d84a9c5

Barrow is the northernmost city in the U.S.
barrow_ak

There’s gold in Nome!
original

1 Like

For me its Alice Springs (YBAS) back in 2010 when I went to Uluru.
Here’s a photo of the Qantas 737 I flew on at Alice 10%20039
Yep it was raining 😏

1 Like

Definitely Talkeetna Airport in Alaska.

Talkeetna is a small town a little bit north of Anchorage. I don’t know a ton about it, but very few people even live there. This airport operates with a CTAF and still has an FSS.

It’s sort of not incredibly easy to see through the trees.

I flew there in a C182 once.

2 Likes

Bullhead City.

There is like one 737 that comes there once a week

1 Like