What is the most problematic aircraft?

This question is because over the past few weeks, since finding out about AviHerald, I have been looking at all the incidents and problems different aircrafts have been mentioning and from what I have seen the B737 and the A320 have been the most listed.

At least the Dash 8 had some problems with its landing gear.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

9 Likes

true, do you feel like they have a larger list of issues than others?

Yep they get mentioned a lot - but there are so many of them flying that they will inevitably crop up.

The 777, especially the one with GE engines had a bit of a troublesome entry into service in the 1990s. The engineers at British Airways called it the cripple-seven for the first year or so, it was a real pantomime dame and very temperamental.

The Dash 8 Q400 has a bit of a frail reputation too, you need to nurse those babies or they bite hard.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input guys. If anyone else has some input, dont be shy!

Lots of landing gear collapse, turns out it will break if you look at it bad.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

The A320 crashed on one of its first flight demonstrations near the French Alps, I can’t remember why though. It didn’t stop the airlines from ordering it.

1 Like

yes unfortunately a young girl died as she was stuck in her seat

Was it pilot error?

Did you mean this?

1 Like

In GA the MU-2 had a bad history until they determined that every single incident was pilot error.

That one yes.

2 Likes

One aircraft I read was problematic was the Bf 109. It was designed to be as small as possible, while being easy to produce, and be able to carry the most powerful engine of its time (DB 601 to 605).
Willi Messerschmitt made the aircraft’s wings interchangeable, with the landing gear connection points being under the fuselage, ending with a narrow configuration for its gear. Should the pilot not use the rudder as soon as the aircraft lifted its tail wheel to counteract the engine’s torque, it would violently go to the left, and its landing gear would break.

2 Likes

yeah Germanwings

Not that one, I was referring to the first flights of the A320. It was under Air France’s livery.

1 Like

The doctor killer aka the V-tail bonanza by Beechcraft.

1 Like

Why does it have that nickname?

Lots of doctors have died in that beast

2 Likes