What is the largest aircraft that you have ever seen?

Hello Community!
Today I am asking you what is the largest aircraft that you have seen whenever you spotted or flew. I personally like asking these type of questions as I get to know what aircraft others have seen and where they are mostly seen at.The largest aircraft that I have seen was the Antonov 225 Mriya in Manchester a few years ago! I only saw it when we were taxiing to the runway and taking off!

Post your findings below!

5 Likes

United Airlines Boeing 747-400 @ KLAX, 2014

And this one was in KSFO, 2013. Sorry for the bad resolution, I took it with my old BlackBerry.

I have also seen some 777s from KLM and Air France at MPTO, including some A330s from Iberia and TAP Portugal in the same airport. I remember seeing some USAF planes. Additionally I recall seeing an AF A380 at Miami, when my flight was taking of.

8 Likes

C-5 Galaxy, Travis to Honolulu circa 2006. Space A has its perks.

6 Likes

Qantas A380 at DFW right after Chirstmas

7 Likes

I once saw an A380 in 2014, on an air show here in SCEL

3 Likes

Seen a380s quite frequently, been to Dubai, Doha, JFK, etc.

4 Likes

Air France A380 at SFO, lots at JFK such as Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Singapore, Korean Air, etc.

3 Likes

Mine is the A380, my main airport is KLAX so whenever I travel I see at least one or two.

4 Likes

Maybe a bit much:)
All taken at KJFK)

15 Likes

Get quite a lot of Emirates A380’s heading to Dubai making a stop over in my city. Usually they don’t fly over my house but due to winds last night I saw one fly right over. Don’t see many other planes that size. You get the 747 every now and again but thats it.

2 Likes

Largest I’ve seen was the B744 BA. I had arrived in Denver from my Chicago flit and did some terminal spotting while I waited for my dad to drive to the airport to pick me up. I said the massive BA pushingback from its gate at DIA. I’m amazed those things get in the air.
And while I was in KORD I saw the Lufthansa 747 as well.

3 Likes

Lufthansa Boeing 747-8I at O’HARE international airport June 19,2016
On vacation to Chicago, I wasn’t on it I was on a delta 737

3 Likes

I think you mean 744. I’ve seen the BA one a couple times at DIA

5 Likes

A380 (Lufthansa) on approach 19R. SFO of course.

Fun Fact: I live under the approach on 19R & 19L when it’s raining or windy.

2 Likes

Either Delta 747 (guess where I saw it) or a C5 Galaxy

2 Likes

Delta 747 at Detroit

2 Likes

C-5M Super Galaxy a couple years back at an airshow, it was scheduled to do a mid-air refueling exercise, so it took off right after the opening act.

2 Likes

A C5 while on final approach in San Antonio, Kelly Field Annex

2 Likes

I saw the An-124 landing once, that plane is crazy big! I am shocked how it even can takeoff!

3 Likes

I saw plenty of A380s

2 Likes