What is the in-game definition of aerobatics?

Hello I recently was on the training server and was doing something I wasn’t really supposed to be doing yes I get it please leave me alone about the fact I buzzed klax at Mach 3 in a f22 and did a vertical but I won’t be doing that again I’m sorry but the reason I’m posting this topic is afterwards I got a warning saying no aerobatic maneuvers in the vicinity of an airport or you will be ghosted which makes sense so I quickly stopped and found a forum posted by @Tyler_Shelton saying what you get violations for and aerobatics in vicinity of an airport was one of them an i was wondering exactly what does the game call aerobatics is it over x amount of Gs over a certain vertical speed or what?
By the way while I was reading the article I would like to say that in real life max taxi speed is 40 kts

Cool, try to keep your post about one topic next time

Back to your question, Just think of aerobatics in the game is how it is in real life. Knowing the exact numbers of how a aerobatic is determined is unnecessary while flying. If you want to do aerobatic maneuvers just do it at least 5 nm away from an airport.

Hoped that helped

If I had take a wild guess I bet its defined as, an intentional maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft’s attitude, an abnormal attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not necessary for normal flight.

A game is nothing but millions or even billions of 1s and 0s in the end so I don’t want to accidentally do something wrong and would rather know the things nessesary and btw there is no over land surface without a airport in 5mi

If you’re guessing then please don’t comment. He has a question and needs a real answer to it.

Aerobatics is where if you have common sense can make a judgement. Is flying inverted aerobatic? Is doing mach loops aerobatics? Is flying at Mach 3 aerobatics? Pretty sure most of us can draw the line. Just fly normally on the servers and you’ll be fine

Its simple dont do aerobic manuvers!

Okay so sorry for commenting!

So basically I wouldn’t do what I said, don’t do any abrupt changes, at abnormal altitude or abnormal acceleration that’s not necessary for a normal flight operation =)

"According to the FAA (FAR §91.303), aerobatic flight is defined as “an intentional maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft’s attitude, an abnormal attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not necessary for normal flight.”May 18, 2008
Aerobatic Maneuvers - Definition of - PPRuNe Forums
https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/327323-aerobatic-maneuvers-definition.html

There ya go. May I suggest going out over the ocean to perform these maneuvers.

3 Likes

If you don’t know the criteria that satisfy the lines of code in IF, you are just guessing at the answer to his question.

We all can come up with a common sense definition. He’s asking for specifics. Chances are that info won’t be released in detail.

3 Likes

I’m not asking for detail but let’s say if it is a Gs number and I get a last second go around I don’t want to exceed that but it is always interesting to know that kind of stuff

That’s a detail…a specific G-force that satisfies the coding.

One of the the problems with releasing the specific info is that people may use such information to abuse the system. I may be wrong about that, but that seems to be rather obvious to me.

Although what you did was very wrong and annoying, hopefully you never do again. It’s still an interesting thought none the less.

If you read more than one sentence of my post I said that I wasn’t going to do it again and I was just screwing around but in reality I’m very much know how all this works oh yeah and did you hear the part that said regardless of that please leave me alone about it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.