What is the hardest approach you have ever done?

My hardest approach was MMMX. What’s yours?

3 Likes

Maybe KASE or NZQN

Definitely NZQN. Such an awesome approach

2 Likes

I agree MMMX 😂

1 Like

NZQN is hard but fun, same with Juneau, but KLAX or EGLL on a busy day can be hard too lol

2 Likes

Was messing around at NZQN on casual and nosedived a Q400 from 9000 feet at 5 NM out and safely had a normal speed landing.

3 Likes

What do you define as hard?
ASE or ZQN are not hard if you follow the procedures and are familiar with the airport.
But say a hand-flown low visibility approach, that is a straight in ILS onto a 12k foot runway could easily be more stressful/fun than a circle to land in good conditions onto a short runway

1 Like

It’s definitely ZULS. You guys can try, elevation above 11000ft.

Definitely Costa Rica with all the mountains

1 Like

Tegucigalpa, Quito, or Kai-Tak are my picks.

1 Like

NZQN in low viz…that’s a challenge!

1 Like

LPMA Madeira Airport

1 Like

VQPR gotta be the hardest one.

3 Likes

EGLL 😂😂
I do easy airport

2 Likes

Cross wind landing at RNO that was rough!

1 Like

One of my favourites has to be Kai Tak, getting the final turn right on the money is a real challenge.

2 Likes

I could never make that clean right turn towards KDCA from the river with an airliner - speed and alt is too low, right turn too close to runway. This, despite ace-ing everywhere else including Paro and Queenstown, even tho Queenstown has late turn procedure as well, aarrgghh!

1 Like

NZQN and the pattern visual at LOWI RWY08

2 Likes

NZQN Queenstown or VQPR Paro.

1 Like

Kai Tak Approach by far. Have no idea why, but I can never seem to get it right and end up messing up on either the turn, altitude, speed, not lining up after the turn, or even all of the above sometimes 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

1 Like