What is the hardest aircraft to land in IF?

717, Q-400, 777, C208, or any fighter jet.

Really, that’s odd how you mention the Caravan, because I love it with a passion (we’re all different though). Have you ever landed closer to the MLW? It almost flies/lands better that way, and speeds of 75-85 kts over the runway threshold.

1 Like

i see a lot of people saying 717… it’s actually really easy to butter the aircraft. but for me the hardest is probably the crj jets

Well in my opinion it’s a difficult aircraft to land @D_Woods

1 Like

Caravan is fairly easy to land imo

777 is really easy it’s kinda difficult to do a hard landing.

I’m starting to get the hang of it myself, and I find it’s quite a bit easier than the Skyhawk most days. I’ve been enjoying my touch and goes in it a lot.

1 Like

I’d say the TBM-930 is close in second, but nothing is harder than the X-Cub. I’ve actually spent time practicing landing this plane, and even with 0 knots of wind it’s very, very difficult to land. I haven’t really got the knack with the shape of the plane, where the front gear land first. I often then pull up to lower the rear gear either too violently, or too early so that I just take off again 😂

With the TBM-930, you just have to have an incredibly low vertical speed, anything stronger than about -150fpm could bounce the plane I’ve found. Surprisingly, I find the A380 quite difficult too, I find massive amounts of trim necessary else I put too much force on the nose gear and “spin”.

1 Like

Anything that is not the 777-300ER. That plane is flawless

The 717 as the physics are awful!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community😉

The C-17. This wonderful aircraft is one of the original IF planes and badly in need of an update

it really likes to bounce.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.