What is the hardest aircraft to fly?

In your opinion, what is the hardest aircraft to fly and why? I think the A340 is the hardest to fly because of it’s sheer length.

2 Likes

Hello!

Let’s just say I’ve mastered all aircraft!😎

#Infinite Flight Nerd! ✌️

5 Likes

Crj family,
Can never land em.

14 Likes

This is fairy similar to this topic

That just pertains to landing, this pertains to all stages of flight

1 Like

I did post that and then deleted my post… it says hardest to land…

Everyone makes mistakes… including me 😭

1 Like

He’s specifically talking about landing in that topic. This one is an overall. Taxi, Fly, Land, etc.

1 Like

They’re still quite similar in my opinion as landing is usually the hardest part of the flight.

I’ll let the mods decide though

1 Like

Your opinion isn’t what’s needed on whether its similar or not. It’s not similar.

2 Likes

Well, the 717 is the hardest to land.
The 757 is almost impossible to fly realistically, the autopilot overshoots and it takes 20% power to taxi. Easily the hardest in my book.

7 Likes

717 is on legit ice skates lol

4 Likes

I’d say the spitfire, can’t land without bouncing/crashing

4 Likes

Super Decathlon without a doubt. It’s a veteran but the physics are wack.

2 Likes

I’ve had experience with every aircraft in the fleet with practice of course. Although, I can say the Super Decathlon and Spitfire took the longest to master.

1 Like

MaxSez: The hardest aircraft to fly in the inventory is the “Super Decathlon””! Unfortunately it’s being retired primarily because only a extremely skilled pilot can fly it so it sat on rotten row, unloved and forgotten. I’ll miss it. For those who have difficulty with the Trash Hauler fleet I can say you have not earned your bones. One learns to fly in a an “aeroplane” not a complex computer AI people mover that almost flys itself,
G’day, Max

10 Likes

The Decathlon definitely took me extra time to master compared with other aircraft throughout the fleet. I agree it’ll be sad to see it go.

1 Like

The CRJ family and anything smaller than that, minus the Citation and the TBM. I always have to do heavy maintenance on the gear after landing those planes. Not sure how much more they can handle.

2 Likes

The Crj, I always end up off the runway

Decathalon, 777, and 787. They have very sensitive flight models.
CRJ and B717 have laggy flight models making them difficult to fly and land too.

the globemaster for me… too heavy

1 Like