What is the experience like on Qatar Airways?

Hey chaps! I’ve been flying on Emirates for my whole life of flying (apart from maybe Nok Air once to Nakkhon Phanom within Thailand) and around Sunday the 23rd of late July I’ll be flying from Birmingham (BHX) to Doha (DOH) to catch a connecting flight to Survanabhumi Int’l (BKK). Out of Birmingham I’ll be on a 787 - 8 Economy along with a 777-200LR experience to Thailand. If you guys have been on Qatar economy etc. before on the 787 or the 777, please let me know what it’s like!

EDIT: I would also like to add to my questions, food quality (Heard they got a good rep for that), overall comfort and IFE on their Oryx systems.

4 Likes

Qatar economy isn’t too dissimilar to that of Emirates’ economy class, but is very good nonetheless.

2 Likes

Never flown Qatar but heard their 787 seats are quite cramped. I personally want to fly their A350s because the economy sounds a lot better in there.

3 Likes

I’ve flown on the A350 it’s so much better than the 787s . The A350s fly to Singapore

3 Likes

I flew the B787 from LHR, the aircraft is okay nothing amazing though. The problem is the android based IFE systems kept freezing and pausing every time you were watching anything and at one point the lights for our seat wouldn’t go off because the system froze and it had to be reset. The A330 and A320 aircraft are far better, more superior IFE and no gimmicks like the windows for example.

1 Like

There newer planes which consist of the a350 are much better then there triple 7 fleet. I flew Qatar airways round trip from New York. In my opinion top 3 airline!

3 Likes

It is very comfortable, their economy (777-200lr and a320) are both like economy comfort or even better. No worries for you if you are on Qatar. But the IFE sucks, really bad on both aircrafts. Hard to use because its not calibrated, remote is better

1 Like

LOVE IT!!! Flew on an (2 of these) a350, 77W, and an a330 in December/New Year period and it was very good. Not Emirates standard, but good nonetheless. I found the IFE to be reasonable. Had a wonderful experience.

2 Likes

Were the Airbus aicraft better as I felt they were?

1 Like

Hello , I have been on the QR 787-8 , to Rome . I have to say, the seats were super comfy, and screens were quite good… I think ur trip will be good,. I’m from Adelaide australia, and have tried the QR a359. But I am a Singapore airlines fan…

1 Like

What are the other 2 ?

The a350 is beautiful on QR, I flew from Adelaide, but personally, Singapore airlines is better… yet, a lot of competition

2 Likes

Any other advice can people give me upon QR? Also just found out my flight got rescheduled.

It depends on what aircraft you fly on.
The a350 and a380 have the new economy and I believe the 777 and the 787 have a nice economy to. Not sure about the a330 or the rest. Food is quite good. Cabin in my opinion, are very nice.

1 Like

The A330 has a really good economy, overall with Qatar the provide a consistent product and service

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.