What is the Cruising Altitude of the A220 in Infinite Flight?

i was just wondering if i’m flying the A220 in IF, lets say from Riga to London Gatwick, what would the cruising altitude be?

You are flying west, so you should be cruising at an even flight level (eg FL320, 340). The rest depends on your weight. If your load is less than 50%, you might want to head up to FL360 or 380. But ultimately, it’s up to you. Enjoy your flight!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Just using one of the more recent Air Baltic flights flying from Riga to London Gatwick, they were initially cruising at FL350, then step climbed to FL360 and again to FL380. While the above-mentioned rule for cruise altitudes being even flight levels westbound and odd flight levels eastbound, airway and airspace restrictions might mean that this is not always adhere to the norm.

3 Likes

When you’re left with a load of around 15% you can go up to 43,000ft just like in real life!

1 Like

I did NOT know the A220 could reach that Altitude

To be fair it’s the maximum altitude, but especially during the extreme phases of the pandemic with little lost factors it was a regular sight eastbound

1 Like

That’s because they can’t reach FL430.

1 Like

Yup my mistake. 41,000ft is the one reached regularly

1 Like

Check out the Fuel Flow Data section here, you can see what altitude is most efficient for a given weight.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.