What is the best way to land the a380?

This is part of my “the title says it all series”, but I want to know this because last time I landed the A380 i crashed lol. Anyway, my famous phrase, The title says it all! (If that was off topic then sorry I just thought it would be kinda funny lol)

3 Likes

Well, due to the inaccurate physics of the A380, it will require a lot of trim.

3 Likes

ok, how much?

I usually use 40 percent, alot of it depends on the pilot’s flying style and whether you like putting in more input or less for flaring

2 Likes

I usually do my best to have arrival and approach procedures that have legs with bank angles no greater than 20° (I aim for around 10-15° max). Also, when I intercept the localizer of my arrival airport, I reduce my speed to an average of 170-190kts (IAS). I set my Vertical speed to approximately -1,000fpm, but no greater than -1,200fpm, as the A380 tends to be nose-heavy in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Ok, so Im landing in EGLL from OMDB with about 10 hours of fuel having been put in, due to a tail wind, it was shorter than expected, so have about 4 hours left. So should I use those settings? Also, how high should I flare?

sorry for all of the questions haha

When I fly the A380, I find it requires little or no flare, it you flare too much you will float halfway down the runway. If you are heavy, you should dump fuel so it is easier to manoeuvre and land

1 Like

ok, well i cant fuel dump now cuz im below maximum landing weight lmao

Oh then you’ll be fine lol

1 Like

ok thanks you lol

1 Like

The best way to land an A380 is to Grease it

And make sure the speed is around 155

1 Like

swiss001 triggered by grease lol

By going down. 😜

really? god never though of that one!

1 Like

It’s super slow to do literally anything so you need to be preemptive. If you try to flare at a normal altitude you won’t even begin to pitch up before you hit the ground. You need to do everything you would normally do, except way earlier and more pronounced.

Smack it on the deck

2 Likes

Person I find the A380 a peace of cake to land. In my opinion these are the best ways:

• Speed - Make sure you speed is 150 knts or slower on touchdown
  • Glide sloap - Make sure you are on the GS manually and perfectly as there is no APPR mode and if you pitch down too much you will crash
  • Trim - Make sure you have at least 20° positive trim
  • Flare - Do not over flare, small frare. 10° ish should be enough in my opinion
  • Revers thrust - Don’t slap on 100% the moment you can, make sure you have the nose wheal almost down
  • Practice on Solo - Practice makes perfect, keep practicing until you are amazing. Then fly the A380 with confidence

Follow these steps and you should have an amazing landing 😀

I also find the a380 to be super easy.
Let’s see, gear down, stick it on the runway, try not to die. That’s about it :d

1 Like

It is one of the easiest big birds to land in IF. During practice, preferably on Solo as has been mentioned, fly straight in approaches…Select RWY and engage NAV1 as you as you would any other plane with APPR… Depending on Winds/load, maintain a speed just below 170 before hitting the GS… DISENGAGE ALT /VS( gently point the nose at the rwy threshold USE Rudder to keep the nose on centerline On the GS adjust to a comfortable Air speed again depending on weather conditions 140-155 knts relatively. I rarely use full flaps so 25 is okay…rarely use trim. Gear down and adjust the rate of descend by simply tilting your device/adjusting speed if needed. Butter to your satisfaction… The key is practice.