What is the best pattern work aircraft (poll)

in your opinion, what is the best pattern work aircraft?

• C172
  • XCUB
  • SR22
  • TBM
  • C208
  • Cessna Citation X
  • Spit Fire

0 voters

7 Likes

C172 easily. It’s the most fun aircraft to have a little cruise and run some patterns.

The TBM is great but its fast for a pattern worker.

3 Likes

hold on, why on earth did the votes reset?

1 Like

Because you edited it to include the Spitfire.

Honestly, pattern work depends on personal preference. If you’re in the mood for the basic, classic aircraft, the C172 is the aircraft. If you want speed, the TBM and the C208 both have the capability, and then if you want a bit of variety, the Spitfire is the choice.

3 Likes

I went for the SR22, fast and agile.

The C172 is way to hard to climb with and the TBM-930 is not eligible for tight turns

1 Like

Yeah the SR22 is my second favorite but its lacking live cockpit and other features

2 Likes

Well in all honesty it is the Jabiru J170, it is a relatively unknown Australian sports/lightweight aircraft. I hope that it gets added to IF!

1 Like

Depends on the types of pattern. If you’re going super tight, 208 all the way. It has a slow stall speed even without flaps and has good power on tap when needed. If you’re flying a “regular” pattern, I prefer the TBM because of its speed and the fact that it’s physics feel buttery smooth and easy to deal with. Also sounds pretty cool.

3 Likes

I typically use the A350, lol

4 Likes

Xcub! Tight turns

2 Likes

Personally, the A380

2 Likes

It depends on the airport for me. For instance if I choose Charlottesville (KCHO) I would use the C172. Because that was where I had my first flight lesson in a 172
Another example would be Bozeman (KBZN) I would choose the SR22 (because at the flight school they have Diamond Aircraft and the SR22 is the closest we have to a Diamond Aircraft.) But I personally prefer the C172 because I know the most about it.

1 Like

737 or 318 IMO:)

1 Like

To be honest, C-17

1 Like

I’ve done a good amount of pattern work in the XCub, TBM, and C172.

I’d reccomend the C172 as the best, since it’s the most realistic, has a good speed, and you can’t go wrong with some practising in the 172, also since it’s the most popular flight training aircraft in the real world. I use a C152 irl, it’s great flying the C172 around for patterns.

The TBM is a nice aircraft, but I find it better on longer flights, I’ve flown the TBM on a 21 hour journey before now at cruise altitudes 20k+. It’s definitely a longer flying aircraft than something for pattern work… it’s too fast without landing flaps.

The XCub is something you use to train as a taildragger. Good for learning for precise control, but the other half of the time you just can’t help but act like you’re in a 007 scene practicising your evasive manoeuvres. It’s great fun (and slow) if you’re up for some fun training, but the other side can just be ridiculous as me and a few other controllers have seen during some of my sessions… 😳😂 Don’t worry I didn’t crash or effect other aircraft, just me breaking the laws of physics in the XCub 😂

SR22 for me.

how do you get the voting thing?

i know this is not on topic

Why isnt 777 on that list?

I would recommend you using the Cessna 172 since it’s a very easy aircraft to fly! And a great training aircraft too if your practicing pattern works!

These people on top are absolute GODS 😱😱😂😂

4 Likes