What is the best / most scenic airport to depart out of

Nicee choice check DM?

1 Like

NTAA Tahiti and the surrounding atolls are amazing to fly over!

1 Like

I think KTEX or Telluride in Colorado is amazing looking at the mountains off the wing

1 Like

CYXC Cranbrook Canadian Rockies Airport. It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Banff, Springbank, or Calgary also have great scenery

1 Like

The peaks surrounding Bogotá sure are stunning :)

2 Likes

LPMA, LOWI, entire Persian Gulf (Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Iran, etc.), Mauritius, the Alps, CYVR, the Mid-West…

There are more but I don’t feel like writing anymore 😅

2 Likes

Have you tried PAJN? It’s incredible over there.

1 Like

I love YBCS. Some great views of The Great Barrier Reef.

1 Like

the high elevation makes it interesting and different too. Only few there a couple of times but i love it. MMMX everyone!

1 Like

I would say SEQM. Very scenic departure and approach in all directions!

1 Like

Many great options have been mentioned. I would add Santiago (SCEL).

1 Like

Very hard to say. However, i would vote for SKBO. One more airport, SAWO. Small airport between the mountains and a very nice lake nearby. Give it a try and let me know about your experience 😉. Cheers 💐

1 Like

Probably on my flight from CYYC (Calgary) to CYVR (Vancouver) where I was over the mountains for almost the entire flight. :)

1 Like

Oh where do I start
Queenstown
Anywhere in Hawaii
OMDB
HEGN
LXGB
LFMN
TNCM
MDPC
YSSY
WSSS
EGKK
TBPB
Anywhere I guess…

1 Like

Perhaps Lukla?

1 Like

I love doing Nice to Zurich as you fly over the tallest alps mountains and then if u land r34 u have a steep approach coming from above 10000 feet or so mountains

1 Like

Hong Kong 27L/R, and Okinawa Naha

1 Like

Lol I’ve flown Geneva - Brussels before in a Brussels Airlines A319. I agree, it is stunning.

1 Like

Ahh this is a tough one… to be honest, this isn’t my number one, but, I’d say it would be Paro, Bhutan. Apart from it’s tricky landing and departure, it sure has some interesting and scenic scenery to check out.

1 Like