What is the Best and Worst Flight You Have Been on in Real Life?

Whats your favorite flight you have been on in real life

Original idea from @SamC
Post the best and worst flight you have been on in real life!

3 Likes

Mine is when I went from Orlando to Paris in an Air France 777. I was 7 years old and I remember out flight was delayed which I liked because i could stay up more and play games on the TV on the back of the sea

2 Likes

Yeah for me it would be a flight on an American 787-8 from Dallas Fort Worth to Beijing Capital Airport, it was around 16 and a half hours and was really fun. I was able to see the northern lights when we flew over Alaska and the service was amazing! The flight back wasn’t as good because I couldn’t sleep

2 Likes

When I first flew the Emirates A380 in 2009 (which was pretty new back then) from JFK to Dubai, I was 10 yrs old. It was such a great experience to fly on a jumbo jet like that! I flew on it again later about 3 yrs ago

3 Likes

Nice! I have always dreamed on flying the beautiful a380 but the biggest plane I have ever flown on was a Lufthansa 747-400 from Frankfurt to Houston, even flying on the 747 was an amazing experience for me and I will always remember that flight!

2 Likes

I’ve gone on a 747 from Seoul to Atlanta on Korean air when i was 4 so i don’t really remember it. I’ve wanted to go on an a-380 though.

2 Likes

I have a couple of them:

• Lufthansa A380 from Frankfurt to LAX in Premium Economy. It was my first time traveling to the US. Good IFE, good service, almost 12 hours.
  • Qatar Airways A380 in Business Class from Doha to Bangkok with the onboard Bar.
  • Qatar Airways B787 in Business Class from Kuala Lumpur to Doha.
  • American Airlines B787-9 in Business Class from Chicago to London Heayhrow.

Worst flights:

• British Airways B777 from Gatwick to Las Vegas in Business Class; very bad service, old aircraft with a very old entertainment, that only had a couple of movies. Good thing that they will refurbish those old triple sevens and add a new IFE system.
2 Likes

The worst flight I’ve been on is probably Jacksonville to Atlanta. It’s a short flight so i didn’t have a TV but the flight was delayed and when i landed i had a bad headache.

2 Likes

Best: Emirates A380 from San Francisco to Dubai or United 787 from Sydney to Los Angeles. Both were pretty long flights, but were much better than any other flight I’ve been on. I flew in business class for both, and the cabin crew, seats, and meals were amazing.

Worst: Alaska Airlines from San Jose to Seattle, there was an issue with the plane and I was delayed, canceled, and then re-routed to San Francisco.

3 Likes

The worst flight I have been on in real life was a JetBlue flight in an a320 from Fort Lauderdale to New York-Laguardia, everything was normal until we were flying over delaware and started our descent. The plane started to fly a holding pattern with the spoilers on and I started to knew that something was wrong. Once we cross the border into New Jersey, the pilot informs us that we would be diverting to Philadelphia because LGA was “too crowded.” We land in Philadelphia and taxi to a remote stand where we sit for 3 hours until we finally taxi to a gate that was open and they didn’t provide any flight to LGA and expected us to transport ourselves to New York. Anyways, this was quite odd because I usually have great experiences with JetBlue

2 Likes

I have a couple of them:

• EK-163 DXB to DUB.
  • EK-213 DXB to FLL.
  • EK- 236 ORD to DXB.
  • American airlines FLL to ORD.
  • American airlines ORD to STL.
  • American airlines COU to ORD.
    Well the one from Chicago to Dubai was an extreme butter landing!! I didn’t even know we had touched until the spoilers were armed!! That was indeed an amazing landing!!
    The worst was from Paris to Delhi on Air India. And from London Gatwick to Dublin on Ryanair.
3 Likes

AA2360. First and only MD-80 flight I was ever on. Seats were great, got a window seat despite being a standby (flight wasn’t very full), service was fantastic.

Can’t say I’ve ever had a bad flight experience considering how much I’ve flown.

1 Like

My best flight was a BA 747 from LHR to JFK just before coronavirus and lockdowns. It was my 1st 747 flight I remember and sadly the last I will be on probaly

1 Like

Best: LH433 from ORD-FRA in business class on the upper deck

Worst: LO4 in economy When I was younger. Was sleeping on the floor and my head was in the aisle. Flight attendant slammed the beverage cart into my head

probably explains why some of the things I do now are so questionable

3 Likes

What was the thought process in doing this?

2 Likes

My best flight was my unexpected and first a380 flight with Emirates from OMDB TO EGCC! My worst was a TUI flight on a 788 from MKJS to EGCC. There was a baby crying THE ENTIRE 10 hour flight. It was also a night flight and I didn’t get a wink of sleep and I felt absolutely awful and it just ruined the flight. Certainly something I never want to relive… 🤣

When we were younger, my sister always slept on the seats and i always slept on the floor

I’m seeing a trend of people having bad experiences with Air India.

2 Likes

Best- Icelandair 757-200, not only was I on a special livery aircraft but I also flew Saga Class, which Is what Icelandair calls Business Class. Comfortable Seats and delicious food for an 8 hour flight from KORD-EDDF via BIKF.

Worst- Southwest 737-800, nothing wrong with the airline indeed I would recommend it but there was a kid around 6 years old one row back and we were going from KMDW-KMCO and we had to wait about 20 minutes to take off and every single time a plane would take off this kid would start yelling COME BACK! to the plane. Kid was still slightly annoying during the flight you know an occasional cry and all the small stuff.

Best : EIDW-EGLL with BA, nothing really especially standout, just really good.
Worst: LIRP-EIDW with Aer Lingus - a storm at LIRP meant we had a three hour delay…