What is so bad about having 2+ accounts?

PLEASE READ
i do not have 2+ accounts, this is a question, not why “I” cant have 2

Ok now we have that out of the way
So, I saw for having many accounts can even get you banned on the IFC
Why? what is so wrong about that?
I thought of this and came up with no reasons

1 Like

Basically, it costs more money for IF, for no purpose.

1 Like

that makes sense
I did not know that accounts cost money
but hey! you learn something new every day!

1 Like

@CaptainHugh I think he’s referring to the IFC not IF itself.

@FLIGHT2 PM a mod and they will explain it to you.

2 Likes

alright then

IF pay for the IFC through discourse.

you mean Discourse?

Yeah.

Also i think that the reason you can’t have more than one is because it can be misused and can give the impression that there’s 2 different people on the IFC. so for instance if a user does something bad and gets banned, and they have a second account well then the ban is pointless because they’re still on the IFC.

2 Likes

Adding on, it you’ve noticed most forums won’t allow duplicate accounts as one is enough. The only exception for the IFC is for VA accounts.

4 Likes

Duplicate accounts are generally referred to as sockpuppets - referring to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock. To maintain accountability and increase community trust, users are expected to use one account. Think about it; users can support their own agenda, like their own posts, receive an extra vote on their feature request, and have a completely separate identity without anyone knowing.

While there are valid reasons for using multiple accounts, it is best to consult with the moderation team before creating a duplicate account.

7 Likes

I think in addition to boosting yourself a lot of people would use that second account as something of a throw away and troll with it or at the very least not hold it to the same level as there “well known” account.

Not to mention a user may have been suspended and they might have wanted to get around that, not a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.