What is one thing your favourite airline does that all others should adopt?

I like it when airlines have fun with their safety videos. It makes something monotonous a lot more captivating and I think people are much more inclined to watch without losing interest.

For example Air NZ.

2 Likes

I do like having memes in my video!

11 Likes

I feel that all airlines should work on customer service like Southwest has and get on the Delta meme train.

8 Likes

haha awesome!

Well, Alaska Airlines’ Milage Plan is like no other. You earn miles based on how many miles you fly, not how many tickets you buy (hey, that almost rhymes!) 😁😂

3 Likes

I got to admit I would watch that every time I boarded. Finally an airline that gets it. 🤣

1 Like

Yeah I agree! I’ve heard that their program is top notch - would like to see this across the board.

1 Like

Yeah some airlines don’t focus on this at all. One of my big surprises was Philippines Air - whether it is a 30 minute flight or 12 hour - Economy or business - the check in staff to the flight attendants are top notch. Incredibly nice and hospitable - can’t recommend that airline enough!

2 Likes

Also, I live in Alaska, so I have Club 49 which comes with all sorts of perks.

2 Likes

Emirates makes economy people feel special. Their entertainment is awesome and the food is better than business class on United. They also make you comfortable with a nice blanket and a hot towel for everyone as you land. Honestly î wish every airline would do all this but if they just so better on the food then I’ll be happy. I actually was ok with eating the fish on Emirates. (They should really advertise this)

2 Likes

Does Alaska give you miles based off of how many miles the plane actually flies? For example if the plane gets put into a holding pattern adding 50 miles to the flight, do you get an additional 50 miles?

I have only flown on Alaska Airlines. Once on Delta. Every single time I am very pleased by their kind and fun service, even in Main. I have flown First Class a couple times and every time they knew my name. Their food was extremely good too. The airline world would be much different if every airline took this much care to their service.

2 Likes

Free pick of seating.

1 Like

I like how Hawaiian Airlines offers free sandwiches and tons of free Hawaiian food depending on the flight. They are super nice and set a nice lighting and give that Hawaiian vibe, and I’d like to see the free sandwich and larger portions of free food handed to me on more flights besides Hawaiian.

2 Likes

I love this safety video and how the whole cabin laughes at it at times. Hopefully I see this tomorrow as I’ll be off to Oshkosh with Delta! I’m not sure if they removed it because I can’t remember seeing it in my Delta flight to PHOG back in November. Anyways hoping I see it. 😝

2 Likes

I do like the Southwest first come first served seating policy. It gets people to the gate early, which means less delays!

1 Like

I don’t know about other airlines, but Swiss manages to convey this “Swissness” feeling in an enormously authentic way. When you get on a Swiss aircraft in a foreign country, you almost feel like you’re already in Switzerland again. I can’t even describe how they do that, but they do it pretty well.

2 Likes

When I flew with Emirates from EGCC to OMDB for the first time the crew were just perfect and really catering for everyone.

But in the past when I’ve flown medium or long haul flights in the past with TUI or Virgin it’s been nowhere near as good.

For me Emirates has the best cabin crew going.

2 Likes

Southwest customer service is great because it doesn’t feel like you are flying on a low cost carrier.

1 Like

Update: I’m currently pushing back and they don’t have the “good” safety vid. I wish they would bring it back!

2 Likes