What is "Global"?

Rockets in IF would be epic. Especially with the globe and space.

1 Like

They mentioned night “things” is high on their list a little earlier up.

1 Like

I just expect that you mean a F-16 when you say rocket.

Only daytime.

Our night flying is still not where we want it to be. This is something we will work on asap.

16 Likes

And Laura said their will be no significant features added along with global and yet were getting the most beautiful scenery I’ve every seen in a mobile sim. Im so excited.

Oh and do you think parts of the North Western Territories will have good terrain because im planning on editing some airports up their because for some reason I want to re-create the show Ice-Pilots

1 Like

@Davidson2000 for crying out loud please read this amazing thread by @Flying-Switzerland

2 Likes

I’m afraid all the questions here will delay Global since all the time either you or Laura have to reply to the posts here

2 Likes

I mean a Saturn V or Falcon 9 or Atlas or Soyuz

1 Like

I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.

The UTC time sync for day / night flying:
Does this only sync at the beginning of the flight and continue with the same setting for the entire flight or does it update at certain intervals to reflect new location. If so, is it a gradual smooth transition between the levels of brightness and darkness?

low altitude fog
Is this just an adaption of the current visibility settings being restricted up to a certain altitude/height above ground or does this fog have any physical attributes? presumably calculated from the METARS?

Thanks. Can’t wat for this release. Also extremely happy to see that night flying is high priority for FDS, ive been waiting for a long time.

1 Like

Taxiway lights or not? And thank you for the Nice job and continue like that.

Does this only sync at the beginning of the flight and continue with the same setting for the entire flight or does it update at certain intervals to reflect new location. If so, is it a gradual smooth transition between the levels of brightness and darkness?

You can change the time when you want (we added a shortcut in the “Time” setting to easily set the time to current UTC time and there is also a slider).
From there the time flows in realtime and everything updates smoothly: if you leave Infinite Flight running at sunset for a few minute, it will become darker and darker.

Is this just an adaption of the current visibility settings being restricted up to a certain altitude/height above ground or does this fog have any physical attributes? presumably calculated from the METARS?

In Solo you control the visibility as before (simplest). In Live it is similar to current release where it is automatically set based on dew point from current weather data.

18 Likes

Not yet. We can’t improve everything at once. We really needed to revamp our scenery first and have a good base that we can expand with more features.

6 Likes

How will we be able to plan our flight or go into it?

• Set flight plan with fuel before entering flight mode
  • Set fuel before entering flight mode then make fpl
    or other ?

Thanks in advance for the reply…

5 Likes

This is so cool. Still in awe! I was just wondering how the minimap is going to work. Will there be a ‘high on route’ and a ‘low enroute’ type option, the high only showing airports etc.

Or is it going to be much the same as we already have where everything bar airports dissapears as you zoom out? @Laura presume you know the deal with this.

8 Likes

How much bigger will the paid regions be after the update in theory? Totally understand if you don’t want to disclose yet though.

1 Like

Basing off the questions of time changing, does the sun move through the sky? I would presume it would, but was wondering this. Thanks!

I think this answers your question (yes).

7 Likes

Well, darker could just be brightness decreasing, not actual movement. Thanks for the clarification, now I want to just sit there and film a timeplapse as the sun moves…

Hey Philippe, how are you doing?
Do you know what’s the quality of satellite imagery in Venezuela? I would guess it’s terrible…

2 Likes

I’m sure Scotland will be brilliant as always!