What is auto-coordination?

I was just wondering what auto coordination is?

1 Like

Auto coordination couples the aileron movements with the rudder. So when you tilt your device when on the ground you’ll go left or right. I suggest to have this off as you need your ailerons into the wind during a crosswind takeoff.

3 Likes

So should I have it on or off?

It’s a setting where your ailerons and rudder are controlled by your rudder on the ground. I keep it off, helps me have more control when landing in my opinion. This way I don’t skid.

1 Like

Auto coordination aligns your ailerons and rudder. If you have enabled auto coordination, then when you tilt your device, your rudder and ailerons both try and turn you. (only works on ground). Enable Auto coordination if you don’t like moving your thumb for the rudder and would rather just turn your device. but most people advise against enabling auto coordination because of crosswinds on takeoff or landing

1 Like

I highly suggest to keep it off or unchecked in settings. It is critical to be able to use your ailerons in a crosswind situation to avoid skidding off the runway from the wind. Putting your ailerons into the wind during a crosswind assists keeping your aircraft aligned on the runway.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replys!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.