What is a VA

I was wondering what a virtual airline was and what it was all about. Can someone please answer this for me.

1 Like

A Virtual Airline is when someone uses aircraft from in-game and creates an airline, for example, American Virtual uses American aircraft in the game, you can find more here.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/about-the-va-category/163700/3

1 Like

So if I joined like American Virtual would that mean I could only fly American Airlines or could I still fly any airline

1 Like

To complete what @Connor said, when you enter a VA, you have the experience of a real airline. The ranks, the hours. You basically unlock planes and more once you log some hours, just like a real airline!

2 Likes

So I could only fly American Airlines if I joined American Virtual and I couldn’t fly any other airline?

1 Like

If you want to fly for the American airlines VA you would have to obbey their ranks and hours stuff. If you want to earn hours for them, just fly the plane you have there and log the flight. If you arent flying for them you can fly with whoever you want, with the livery you want, you can even join another VA, as long as you fly for them regularly.
Example: if you are a pilot in American airlines VA, you can fly the a318 in Air France livery, as long as you arent flying for the AAVA

2 Likes

Let’s say that a fictional VA has a standard for 1 flight a week. Now say you only wanted to fly once a week for that VA, fly for that VA on monday and you can fly any other airline any route for the rest of the week! (: Hope this helps!

1 Like

Okay thanks, that helped

1 Like

To elaborate;
Just because you are in American VA doesn’t mean you can’t fly another livery that is not American VA’s (for eg)
It just means it won’t count towards your VA’s hours and such

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.