What is a good topic or post?

We want these forum to be a source of valuable information and a place to engage in meaningful discussions. In order to achieve this goal, we need more posts that add to the discussion or create new ones.

A good post (or topic) is one that add information to the discussion, or requests for more information (question). Before posting, ask yourself those 2 simple questions:

• Do I need information about a new topic or about a specific discussion?
  • Can I add more information about a new topic or to a specific discussion?

Feel free to use the “Like” feature instead of posting small responses like “lol”, “agreed”, “cool”, “interesting”, “thank you”, etc… It is better if those remain implicit so good content is not drowned into a ton of non-informative posts.

14 Likes
1 Like

Hi Phillippe,

Can VAs post about their airlines on this forum, as it isn’t outlined that we can or can’t.

Thank you

Wow. I was wondering how long it was going to be until the VA’s started showing up. Anyway, time to make a VA category! @QantasCEO, simple answer will probably be “yes”, but you might have your own category to post in to avoid flooding the “General” category with VA stuff

You can start a discussion about what would be needed for VA owners if we add the feature in IF. We will not tolerate any ownership non-sense; no exception.

Also, you should really drop the “CEO” username; it has no real meaning here and doesn’t make ppl take you seriously.

3 Likes

Great, thank you.

1 Like

Perhaps a section for groups would be allowed? That way we can have a place where all of my members can talk about our group.

Well it wouldn’t be good to have every IF-related group in one category. We also aren’t going to make a category for every group. Right now most groups are using Facebook (IFFG, IFWP, etc.). This forum is a central place where the whole Community can come together for discussion.

I think maybe a what’s coming soon category is cool

And what’s a VA

@Benny_Teitelbaum
What is a Virtual Airline?
A Virtual Airline (VA) is a member-driven group which aims to simulate the flights and operations of an airline, charter operation or flying club. Some may be based on real world companies while others are fictional. The route structure of virtual airlines may be regional, national, continental, or global. (This is not my writing I cut and paste from vatsim)