What is a Good Airport for Adrenaline Seekers?

if your a bit too lazy try KSFO and try to get a parallel approach hehe

SEQM or Quito has a fun approach with all the close mountains :)

If you want an Adrenalin rush, go to Alaska! The bush flying there can be really intense — the weather changes in mere minutes. And landing on 50 foot stretches of landing strip, some of the bush pilots do it everyday! If you like mountains, great! The state has 4 mountain ranges (I think). If you want a non commercial airport, and get an adrenalin rush, just go anywhere in Alaska!

2 Likes

Airports cramped in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.

Lukla comments intensifies

1 Like

There’s a ring of small fields around Ranier. Fantastic approaches through crevices.

1 Like

VQPR is for me the hardest airport to do an approach. Its surrounded by high mountains in the himalayas. I’ve approached there multiple times and I always nearly crash when on final.

1 Like

I think we have a couple more than that. The most notable that I can think of off the top of my head are the Brooks Range, Alaska Range, Chugach Mountains, and possibly a couple others that I forget the names of.

2 Likes

Yeah, Ketchikan is a hard one. I did that the other day. It’s mainly difficult on the sides of the runway, so you have to kinda go straight in.

1 Like

Try Innsbruck. I only say those two words when people want hard approaches.

3 Likes

Hard approaches are the best. Most in IF are too easy!

1 Like

Sarajevo, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Situated in the mountains.

1 Like

LYTV, Montenegro. Very underrated

3 Likes

Good Old Toncontin

1 Like

That’s a new one. What a great video.

1 Like

Alright Everyone, Claim Your Shoutouts Here.

1 Like

KTEX is a fun one along with LFKC Rynway 36 Approach and Paro Airport has a fun approach as well.

Some that come to my mind, based on published approach procedures:
Tegucigalpa RWY02
Paro visuals on both RWYs
Innsbruck
Split RWY23
Tivat RWY14
Bogota RWY31s
Madeira RWY05

And three of my home country:
Bern circling RWY32
Samedan
Lugano RWY01

Ahh, Tivat is a challenging approach!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.