What IF-Related apps do you want to see?

Oh Hi There

So. I was thinking of developing some kind of app relating to Infinite Flight. But I couldn’t think of anything. So I decided to ask you, the community.

And yes there are people who are going to comment saying Oh well how is this productive for the forum. It’s productive because I’m giving the forum a chance to say what app relating to IF they want.

8 Likes

Oh well how is this productive for the forum.

Joking aside, maybe you could make a “copilot” app that allows the pilot and another person on a different device to fly, maybe using some of the framework from that one app that allows you to control IF from your phone.

Probably not realistic, but who knows? Maybe you can do it.

17 Likes

Hmm so almost like the IF Cockpit app?

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was talking about

2 Likes

I’d like to see an FMC-type app maybe in the future…

11 Likes

Yes although I hardly know anything about FMC’s it would be a good learning experience for me XD

Something that is free for IOS

4 Likes

I think the development of the app is more important than the price.

Personally, I’d like to see some sort of flight plan app where you can import a realistic flight plan right into IF.

16 Likes

How about something that you can actually SEE that tells you where the
correct gates are for the airline you’re using.

13 Likes

A fuel planning, route andV1callouts app! When you should begin the approach…

3 Likes

An app which shows the simulation of the HUD on an another device connected on the same WiFi

4 Likes

And that is what you have IF assistant for by @epaga ;)

2 Likes

Yes, but I think he means in a separate, free app.

3 Likes

Not much point in an app just for V-speed callouts. I mean sure, you could probably make one in about an hour, but hardly worth it.

1 Like

Created ground proximity warning and minimum call out/takeoff (v1)(vr),or checklists that work…

In-Flight Assistant does all of the callouts you’re referring to

2 Likes

I’ve already started one:

1 Like

Whilst I commend your want to release your work for free, have you considered how you will fund the fees for Google Play/App Store registration? Are you going to be focused enough if there is little end reward?

Also it would be very bad etiquette in this development community to release something someone else has already done (very well), for free. That’s up to you how you see the ethics of it, however, just my view.

I’m just warning you not to go around making promises and saying stuff like this, when you have likely not set anything to the ground or planned anything out. There’s a reason FDS with IF and Cameron with LF don’t go around promising things until they are 100% set in stone.

Good luck

8 Likes

that would be a FMC style app. If that’s possible would be very interesting.

1 Like

Look at my post above ;)

1 Like