What happens when you don't disarm the door?

11 Likes

Looks like someone lost their job that day

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

We’ll that was a bit of entertainment for the ground crew!

Ahahahah 😂 airline? location?

Unsure; it was originally posted by a flight attendant from Long Beach, CA I think. The guy in the hi-vis vest looks like it has the British Airways logo on the back.

It can be done fairly quickly (they just replace the slide rather than repacking it I think). But it depends how close they are to a facility that can replace the parts - so the cost can be extreme because of the loss of time the Aircraft is on the ground.

1 Like

yup fun sure someone lost their job and aircraft out of commission for a while

1 Like

This will never happen if the door is opened from the outside, even with the slide armed. Hope nobody got inured as this could result in serious injuries.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a Heathrow Gate. By the door, I can tell it’s a 787 and the guy in the hi-vis jacket works a BA. I think it’s a BA 787 aircraft.

From what I have read it is either a BA or Aeromexico 787. Looks more like a BA 787

1 Like

Duct tape and tacos

2 Likes

Turns out it was a BA 787 :)

I heard something similar happened on a United 747 everyone in economy was moved to buisness and first

Turns out is wasn’t actually a BA plane. It is an AeroMexico 787 which was at LHR T4.

1 Like

Things like this happen more often then you guys think, most don’t even make it into the news. There are some examples that it happened inflight as well.