What happened to the Rendering Quality graphics setting?

Before 22.1, we had 5 settings for graphics. Now we have 4. My rendering quality is stuck on high, because that’s what it was on before the update, causing my battery to die quicker than normal.

2 Likes

It got removed intentionally as it’s simpler without it and doesn’t make a significant difference anymore.

1 Like

It should be put back in the game because I can’t change it now…

I’d wait for a real answer from someone from the team with a more in depth description as to what was behind the removal. What I said above is all I know about the removal of that specific setting.

1 Like

I too do not know a specific answer as to how it works exactly but I can almost guarantee it is not on high, so no need to worry about that. It’s likely picking the best setting based on the other settings you have set.

1 Like

I would like this feature to be back in game, as sometimes during my IF sessions I need to take some photos and without the graphics change in flight, I wouldn’t be able to take pics without finishing the flight

2 Likes

the shaders really kill performance. I usually have everything at medium and rendering quality on low. I always get 60 fps this way. After the update, I get 15 fps 💀. I think IF needs to bring this back so more people can still enjoy

3 Likes

yeah mine too now im stuck on high and at 2-4fps on my main device, an a20s. my grandma’s a22 can only get 12fps from the 40-50 beforehand thanks to them removing it. bring render quality graphics settings pls

4 Likes

Yeah, i set all possible graphics settings to low when im cruising to save battery, now that i cant change it the battery is draining faster than it already is

3 Likes

on mine i could smell a much worse case then cuz i only have 4000mah of batt capacity

1 Like

1 Like

4fps wahoy i literally have the same thing

1 Like

I used to get 30 (on 30fps setting) now I get like 20-25

i used to get 10-20 now i get 3-5

1 Like

For the sake of tracking purposes, we’ll be consolidating the graphics setting change and FPS discussions in one place for now. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes