What happened in your first legitimate crash?

From day 1 of learning, we’ve all had crashes to learn, but now, what was your first serious crash that occurred during a mature flight?

My story happened around 6 months ago, I was heading to a French island in a TBM in horrible visibility. Completely crashed the aircraft in some mountain, I might’ve lost all my memory during that flight because the gear wasn’t down either.

Remember to use checklists.

That’s my take, what’s your story?

4 Likes

I always enjoy disabling the autopilot on approach but forgetting to calibrate the device first and going into a nosedive.

Though my first “mature” crash happened when I flew KJFK-HKJK and ran out of fuel over Ethiopia and didn’t make it to an airport.

This also happened when I would fly London to Amsterdam without a pro-subscription - climb to 40,000 and then attempt the slow glide over the dead region - always a challenge.

6 Likes

Forgot to start engine 1 and managed to get in air before stalling after sustaining low speed, low altitude level flight

4 Likes

@Ecoops123 is about to slam me once he sees this. Oh christ.

3 Likes

Always relatable.

CD2D314D-717D-4C15-85DF-F048F65E3B50

3 Likes

I hate It when the numbers keep rolling in.

100…50…4-,…30,10.

C R A S H

🍿

Was in a holding pattern in Oslo with the Luftansa a340. After waiting for so long in a holding pattern it was my turn to land in quite a congested airfield. I completely got the glideslope wrong and smashed right in front of waiting aircrafts. So embarrassed.

1 Like

I crashed and the screen said crashed and the pause screen showed up and my flight ended.

In all seriousness, probably when I first got live (for a “real crash”) and I flew around on Casual all crazy. I don’t really remember though because I had IF long before Global and Live so I knew how to fly by then

1 Like

Ouch. We’ve all been there.

Where we all begin our journey.

1 Like

Very true 😂
I can’t remember if I ever tried to be annoying on casual or actually flew with a purpose to get a higher grade
Probably took it seriously (for legal reasons I have to say this)

1 Like

The fact that it was on Expert Server, and Misha was just ahead of me lol. After that event i knuckled down and practiced so hard and watching watching a heap of tutorials.

1 Like

I think mine was on a flight from FAOR to KATL on the Delta B77L. I was landing at around 4-5 am and I feel asleep before starting descent (this was before VNAV was implemented). The plane ran out of fuel and crashed, and I finally woke up at 7 am when my alarm went off. I remember being super mad at myself the whole day at school. Luckily that’s the only crash that’s ever happened to me on live.

1 Like

My first crash on a serious flight was probably this:

Just a normal flight on Casual from LAX to SFO in an AA 738. I had been experimenting earlier, and had max load. But i didnt know that weight stayed the same on different flights. I rotated at around 130 knots, gained 50 or so feet, stalled, then hit the ground wing first.

1 Like

I was approaching KJFK on expert server after a flight from Philly in the 738 (sue me). It was a short flight and the amount of traffic wasn’t too bad so I packed only 10-ish minutes of extra fuel. So I was on approach to KJFK and I’m in the middle of being vectored, and of all things I’m forgotten about. So thats about 4 minutes of fuel gone before I checked-in again and was vectored in and transferred to tower. And tower was a complete genius and decided it was a good idea to clear someone for takeoff on the same runway I was on a one-mile final for. By this time I had about 4 minutes of fuel left and I was forced to go-around (like I said, tower was a genius). So I burned a bunch of fuel going around and turning downwind. I ran out of fuel halfway though the downwind leg, and pretty much fell like a rock because I wasn’t going more than 180kts. The worst part, the flight was just under an hour so I couldn’t say I was on minimum fuel.

Does anyone remember when Geneva was featured sometime in late 2019? Well, that was another instance where I didn’t pack enough fuel. I had packed the standard 30 minutes of extra fuel, but there was just so much traffic. So I was on approach and being vectored in and my A321 started rocking up and down because I was low on fuel. So I called minimum fuel and was told to expect no undue delay. But it was too late, cause when I was still being vectored in, my engines cut and I ran out of fuel (the rocking didn’t help my fuel levels). Luckily I was able to glide a few miles but I ended up crashing about 10-ish miles from the airport.

Both of these incidences happened in late 2019 within a month or two of each other. With the incident at KJFK still fresh in my mind when I crashed near Geneva, I started packing about an hour of extra fuel when flying into busy airspaces on flights over 1 and a half hours.

2 Likes

@Jaylan_Brown forgot to lower his nose hear at an event once when me and @Smax were on Final 😂😂. And another group flight he almost stalled 😂❤️

4 Likes

Fake News @Kevinsoto1502

6 Likes

KBUR on ES, back before STARS were implemented.

Me being stupid and just throwing some waypoints into the approach cause me to fly right into a mountain. I was lined up and on ILS and the see the airport through mountains glitch made me think I was ok. Well, I hit a mountain and crashed 😂

1 Like

Most recent one was a stall after takeoff. Rotated too early.

Also I’ve ran out of fuel en route once and crashed by landing gear up once.

1 Like

Step 1: Spawn in a SR22
Step 2 : Start the engine
Step 3 : Taxi to the runway and line up
Step 4 : Apply take off thrust
Step 5 : V1, Rotate
Step 6 : Stall
Step 7 : Realize that you forgot to extend the flaps

2 Likes

I was on Final Approach on RWY 30L At Dubai. I was flying a MD-11F. When I disconnected the Autopilot at 900ft, the plane nosedived and crashed. I had IFATC Present too.

2 Likes