What happen to the Terminal @ZBAA?

This is what looks like before, QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180929231840 QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180929231849
This is what looks like after the update QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180929231859 QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180929231904
I don’t know if any other airport has the same problem.

1 Like

Hasn’t an airport editor said that this is how the terminals will be now?

2 Likes

Did they? I haven’t notice that

They said that they’ll slowly implement this whenever they update an airport iirc.

oh okay, thanks btw

well, actually that’s not mine, it’s from my friends, I tried but my phone won’t let me root

1 Like

Just to be clear, I am an airport editor.

This was implemented recently as the new way we do airports. We hope it is in preparation for 3D buildings but nothing has been confirmed.

3 Likes

The tool we use to edit airports has certain limitations. Since it is a third-party software not made by FDS, we have to utilize the tools given to us appropriately.

Previously, we used the taxiway tool in the editing software to create two-dimensional “buildings.” We soon realized this was the wrong way of doing things. The taxiway tool was designed only to create taxiway pavements, not two-dimensional “buildings” so we must use the tool as such.

These “buildings” will slowly get removed as airports get reworked overtime. Hangars will still remain at airports and are surfaced with concrete. This should make the transition to three-dimensional buildings smooth and issue-free if this feature is implemented sometime in the future.

2 Likes