What Flight Planner Do You Use?

Hello people. Currently for my flight plans I use the fpltoif/SimBrief hybrid. I want to know what you guys use for your flight planners! Any recommendations wanted!

2 Likes

Simbrief all the way! The level of detail it can give makes such a great difference, and I’ve never had an issue with fuel since.

2 Likes

I use fpltoif. I think it’s the best because it gives you the departures , step climbs , speeds , and missing waypoints. It’s the best because it gives you not only the airway but the waypoints in it. fpltoif also offers you the « random flight generator », wich gives you flight idea for when you wanna fly but don’t know what route . I know you use it , it’s just for the ones who don’t :)

1 Like

I use skyvector.com for planning, but that’s all I usually do

1 Like

I use Simbrief (normally JBU format as it provides the V-speeds) and charts for the respective departure and arrival airports.

1 Like

I use sim brief for FedEx va and sky vectors for Gaf

The flight planner that I use most often is Navigraph.

Simbrief for sure!!

Simbrief, there is nothing that is better.

2 Likes

SimBrief is the best. If you want to get the best out of it, after you generate the flight, scroll down and copy the XML link. Then go to https://fpltoif.com/ and select SimBrief Classic from the menu on the left. Paste the XML link you copied and you will get a whole lot more flight information.

If you want to go a bit more advanced, then note down the departure and arrival runways as well as the SID and STAR. Set Up your flight in IF and insert the SID from your departure airport. Go back to https://fpltoif.com/ and then click on the ForeFlight link. Copy the FPL from the waypoint after the last waypoint of your SID through to the waypoint before your STAR and paste that into your FPL in IF (again, after the SID and before the STAR). Then insert the STAR and APPR and you are good to go!

Now you have a good to go FPL without the annoying TOC & TOD waypoints SimBrief gives you and waypoints that IF recognizes.

2 Likes

I really like flightplandatabase I use it all the time

2 Likes

flightaware for the most accurate fpl info. for flights outside the USA, i use flightplandatabase.com

1 Like

Where on the JBU format provides the V-speed?

2 Likes

Right at the bottom, just before the enroute weather charts.
Note that the data for several aircraft are unavailable though.

2 Likes

I do not see it, it could be because a321 does not have the data or something. Would you mind sending a screenshot of where it should be?

Never mind I found it, but on a another aircraft thank you! It seems like a321 do not have this option on simbrief

1 Like

I appreciate how simbrief is updated when a new cycle is released and improved navigation is shown for flight planning and radio frequencies.

I have to say, I absolutely love SimBrief. The problem with it though is the coordinates that don’t work in IF. Also, does any know how to easily copy and paste the waypoints from SimBrief into IF?

Wait, I just used the A321 two days ago and Simbrief gave me the V-speeds for my takeoff from SBGR. I’m guessing that it’s just a system glitch…

Just flew from SCEL to SBGR and I did not find the v-speed

1 Like