What features would you add to your dream airport?

If you could build an airport and have anything you wanted in it. What would you have and why?
Personally I would have some of the following:
An indoor theme park.
A high speed train that takes you to the different terminals.
Slides from upstairs to downstairs
A trampoline Park
Gaming Arcade.
What are some of your ideas?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind creating a mid sized regional airport. Maybe two smaller concourses with a few nice options of food or drink, etc. I would also like to add an observation deck both pre and post security.

9 Likes

Mine would probably have runways and taxiways

34 Likes

Do you think some planes as well?

7 Likes

I would have a modern terminal, good runways and taxiways, public transportation from the city and a spotter-friendly attitude.

5 Likes

I am a frequent business traveller and I look at things from a slightly different angle.
In my dream I spent as little time on an airport as possible, and get from home or office into an aircraft quickly, with minimal waiting. With check-in systems now optimised, the big hurdle is now: the queue for security. I am paying for a privelidge where I can use a seperate entrance and can bypass thw queue of security.

in my dream:

• the runways are at sea, or in a big lake (if possible of course), seperated from terminal areas and residential living
  • check-in and security does not just happen on the airport, but is also available distributed, in special ‘micro terminals’ spread across the region around the airport (radius approx 100 km).
  • the terminal would stil be there, but much smaller, with a key function for meeting and entertainment
  • there will be super fast custom cleared connections between terminal and disctributed terminals to the runway system
  • special protected areas around the runway systems are designated for spotters
  • special access passes would exist for spotters who have been screened and have taken a security briefing. These spotters get to see real close

I admit, I dream a lot…

10 Likes

I would love to have an airport where down each side of the runway there would be heavy duty buildings down the entire length of the runway built to withstand the constant jet stream where the public could simply get a super close up view of each landing and takeoff. Now that would produce some incredible photos!

3 Likes

I built Oxford international in WED but lost the file 😭. It had 4 runways, all parallel, with 3 next to each other and another seperate by the terminals. The 4th was displaced 1000 feet relative to allow parallel ops (runways 27L/R/C and 28) .

________ 28
_______________ 27R
_______________ 27C
_______________27L

Like that ^. 27L and 27C used for deps and 27R and 27L for arrivals. 28 is GA only.

The terminals all named after Oxford locations:
Headington
Iffley
Summertown
Littlemore
Jericho

Dedicated spotter sites all across the area, and the airport is located approximately 10NM north of EGTK. Noise abatement procedures involve northbound turns for all runways to avoid main Oxford.

2 Likes

You’ve definitely considered safety in this one !!

1 Like
  • Well equipped runways with CAT III ILS(6 to be exact) and taxiways
  • A terminal capable of handling 100m pax
  • Cargo bay capable of handling 20 million tonnes
  • ATC facilities
  • VIP terminal
  • MRO facilities (20 hangars)
  • A320 assembly plant
  • Terminal hotel
  • Airport hotel area( will be known as the layover boulevard)
  • Tons of shops(Extra profit)
  • Water park
  • Ice skating rink
  • Heli services near the executive terminal.
  • Rail station

AND MORE…

6 Likes

No gates, so AvGeeks a can walk the tarmac.

7 Likes

Many many many many windows for good spotting.

3 Likes

May lord help us if Nick Chan ever becomes a pilot at your airport.

9 Likes

and what aircrafts would u like to see in that airport?

1 Like

I would like to see Antonov, Beluga, and DreamLifter

2 Likes

My airport will most likely have

• Runway
  • Taxiway
  • Terminal
5 Likes

No airplanes in your airport?

5 Likes

I’d personally build a spotter friendly airport… Maybe some platforms to observe the places with the most traffic.

4 Likes

My airport will have a runway for every heading so that when there is winds we can use the suitable runway giving a perfect headwind for landings! Let’s see… 180 runways, perfect!

Best Feature: Infinity Pool containing pure carrot juice.

Airport Name: Carrot Intl
Slogan: “Carrot, Carrot, and just a little more Carrot.”

Airlines: Carrot Airlines
Terminal Names:
Terminal 1 - Carrot
Terminal 2 - CArrot
Terminal 3 - CARrot

Restaurants:
C A R R O T Y

Menu for C A R R O T Y:
Carrot Cake.
Carrot cake milk shake.
Carrots and Carrots.
Baked Carrots.

That’s basically my dream airport!

Remember - Carrot, Carrot, and just a little more Carrot!

5 Likes

An Airport without runway and taxiway, to establish the real experience of TS1 and Free Flight Server.

All An225s, 380s, 747s, and whatever planes you want to bring up, are welcome!

Ps. We will also expand to serve FSX Steam edition’s servers. Cough Hot air ballons flying at the speed of sound Cough

7 Likes