What excites you about aviation?

Hey! I’ve looked, can’t find any answers.

I was wondering, what excites you about aviation? For me, it’s the adrenaline: all the excitement you feel in your body, and the logistics.

9 Likes

The smell of jet a just kidding honestly the thrill of flying to a different country seeing the most beautiful scenery in world changing from the best office in the world

6 Likes

Honestly for me, its gotta be the views and perspectives you get flying at 32 thousand feet in the air

4 Likes

This gonna be closed in less than an hour

4 Likes

the planes

4 Likes

I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

4 Likes

What excites me about aviation wow what got me into aviation I should say, was just knowing that it’s just you up there if you’re flying a single seat or single engine prop job. Will caught me in a maintenance so I fell in love with maintenance was really a high school teacher who guided me into the maintenance side of aviation. I don’t know as long as it’s as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a pilot I always want to be an aviation I just love it it’s amazing. Remember the first time I had the controls of an aircraft, it was a sweitzer 233 glider registration C-GFWG if I remember it right as it was an air connect glider 20 plus years ago. I don’t really know what the lure of aviation was for me, every time I went up it was like I was home I’ve been up with some very advanced aircraft to my life. Had a ride in snowboard number 5 a couple times. Been up in a US Army Chinook, a RCAF ch-146 Griffon helicopter a few times and a RCAF CC130 .

3 Likes

Am I the only one who actually likes this smell 😂?

8 Likes

It’s rich and refreshing!

2 Likes

Ya think? What rule is it breaking?

1 Like

The views and the fun in flying the actual plane

4 Likes

Well I’ve never smelt it in real life but I do love the smell of gasoline

2 Likes

There is just so many topics like this

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. I thought this one was different from the typical “what do you like about planes”, might be too generic though. Thanks for looking out for me!

1 Like

Everything. Just Everything

2 Likes

Nope my favorite smell in the morning with a morning coffee. I arrive at work about 2 hours early just to plane watch sitting at my desk or my bench and just drinking coffee we’re going outside I have a quick smoke break and back in it just one of those things it makes you feel alive is killing you.

1 Like

The best response yet!

2 Likes

Hearing the engines start up. It’s just satisfying for some reason

2 Likes

The amount of precision and efficiency of these aircrafts! And just the variety of aircrafts out there!

1 Like

Once you start smelling Jet-A and 100LL everyday, it becomes a little less appealing 😖