What does top altitude mean?

Hey IFC! I was wondering what top altitude means on the airport chart. I will send the chart below. I was thinking that once I go above the top altitude altitude, then I do not have to follow the speed/altitude restrictions, but I am not sure. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Chart: https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2212/pdf/00026BANNG.PDF

Top Altitude is the highest altitude you will go on that departure if ATC doesn’t tell you anything in your IFR clearance. There isn’t any use for top altitude in Infinite Flight until we have a clearance delivery system since the top altitude is utilized if ATC does not issue you a “climb and maintain (xxxx)ft”.

3 Likes

Thank you! Does that mean if I go above 10,000ft, then I still have to go 250kts at the waypoint RIVTT, or is it at my discretion?

Nope. Above 10 you’re clear of that restriction

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help! I hope you have an amazing Christmas!

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you as well. I’m at the airport here in Denver currently waiting for my flight. Heading to somewhere warmer. Hehe. Work as a pilot doesn’t stop for holidays.

3 Likes

It seems like the entire USA is very cold right now. Even the warm states like Florida. Well, safe travels!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.