What does every good VA need?

Hey IFC,
What does every good VA have? I am asking this because I am starting one with @Qantas094!
Thanks,

@Matthew_Karaula

2 Likes

The biggest thing I can think of is staff

2 Likes

A VA should have excellent staff, excellent routes, excellent rank, and diverse routes.

2 Likes

I think it’s just good staff/management, and don’t overwork them, so they work their best!
And they should have fun routes, and a cool fleet to attract pilots.
Good luck with your VA! 😃👍🏻😄

2 Likes

Should I start hiring before its approved or after?

Hiring should be done after it’s IFVARB approved.

2 Likes

What should I do before its approved?

Plan, Plan and Plan.

Get logos done, get artwork done, get SOP’s done, get your application done, get routes done etc…

2 Likes

Quick Question. Whats a SOP?

Standard operating procedures. Details literally everything regarding the VA from how to file pireps to how to file complaints etc…

A good VA will always have an SOP.

3 Likes

According to google:

7 Likes

Integrity, Respect and most of all, Professionalism.

(You should know where I got this from… if you know me well 😉)

6 Likes

Where? Idk

American Pledge. I am Aussie I have no idea.

I think to be even considered a good VA the VA/VO has to see the vision of their pilots and what their method of flying consists of. Having a vision of what your pilots want and how they see the airline or organization helps staff get a good grip of what their pilots want and what to do better to ensure they have a striving VA/VO.

3 Likes

Hey,
I did a bit of a survey about this last year, feel free to take a look;

1 Like

The IFVARB website has a guideline of some sort.

IFVARB respect profesional and integrity

Is there a maximum number of destinations and aircraft you can have in your fleet?

No, you can have an unlimited number of aircraft and routes for your VA, but my best advice is not over complicate it as it could look uninviting to pilots if it’s over complicated.

1 Like