What does anti-aliasing do?

Title explains it all.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s used for older, more laggy devices I believe. If you have issues with scenery defects (like random lines and stuff) turning on anti-aliasing should fix that.

2 Likes

AA cleans up the sim. Making it more fine looking, and a lot cleaner, smoother looking.

5 Likes

Actually I believe it’s for newer devices, older ones can’t handle it.

4 Likes

I just turned it off and I see exactly what it does.

1 Like

Oh interesting. I leave it off. I use an iPad Pro and it does just fine without it on. That’s why I assumed it was for older devices. My bad.

1 Like

Nooo turn it on.

5 Likes

What will it fix? I don’t encounter any issues with it off though.

noooo. That’s just the opposite of what you do! It’s for your new high-powered devices to make edges smooth and sharp. So you don’t get those rough lines near the wings

5 Likes

Ohh I didn’t know that. I’ll turn it on next time I use IF.

1 Like

do it do it do it do it do it

[poll][/poll]

10 Likes

I will indeed.

3 Likes

Just don’t turn it on on an Iphone 5 or Galaxy S4. in those Outdated devices, it’ll make you lag like crazy

Ohh ok. Turns out AA is the total opposite of what I thought it was Lol. I will let you guys know how it goes when I turn it on. This topic has definitely helped me probably just as much as Nicholas haha

5 Likes

Ha lol glad it helped you.

1 Like

This sucks I can’t use it because I have iPad 2. I will try it though.

Anti-Aliasing refines unfinished/jagged/cut edges on curves of lines or diagonal lines. I made a quick edit showing the difference.

You can tell that the one with no anti-aliasing seems a bit more jagged.

7 Likes

It keeps the graphics from looking like minecraft.

8 Likes

I’m just waiting for someone to post that picture with the minecraft plane and the jet with AA LEL