What do you want your local airport to do next?

Japan Airlines uses 787’s on SAN-Tokyo😊

2 Likes

CYYZ (Toronto Lester B Pearson International Airport)

More traffic in Infinite Flight (please)
New Terminal (would be nice)
Official spotting area (really should have already)
A350 (flown on it twice. great plane. please come to YYZ)
More flights (well, duh)
Cheaper flight(so i can fly more)

and more trips there. cuz i like flying. and it’s my home airport. so if i go there more, I’m flying more. get it. well…

2 Likes

At Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, I want to see more foreign airlines. Currently we only have Air France, KLM, Air Canada, Icelandair, and Condor, but I would like to see Lufthansa, Alitalia (if they’re still in business by then), Virgin Atlantic, Air Europa, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeroflot, Virgin Australia, etc etc. I know most of these airlines could care less about MSP, but I think that Lufthansa and Alitalia would actually have a reason to come, and they would be the only carriers to fly to Italy and Germany direct (not counting Condor as they only fly a few time a week in the summer).
I want this to happen within 2 years, but it will take much longer, or even never happen.

1 Like

My home airport is KLAS but what we really need is…
•New Airline Hub (We Need More Delta instead of Southwest)

•Better Tower Radar Extension (If You Switch to the Radio Tower in The Spotting Area at The Spotting Area, 101.1, The Radio Reception is Bad)

•More International Routes (We Only Have British 747’s)

2 Likes

Ooh, did not know that!

2 Likes

Local airport: CYYC

What I want to see: more Australian flights. I have several friends living in Australia and currently Qantas are the only airline who fly direct out of CYYC (and they’re expensive!)

1 Like

Local Airport : WIII ~ Jakarta Soekarno Hatta

Critic : I do hope we can have a new and more professional (Private) management. The current management is just unproffessional, especially when we constructed Terminal 3. As we had an interesting plan and even our top management compared our revolutionary T3 rendering to Changi. But once completed, it’s just another mediocre Indonesian airport. With poor structures and problems since the opening of the terminal. Let alone this terminal is on par with Changi, this is even nothing compared to KLIA or Suvarnabhumi airport 😂🤦

I don’t have any hope for my local airport in the hands of these management lmao. Unless our government gives this airport to more competent and private management.

If I want something to my airport. I do hope my airport can be more attractive to European carriers like what it used to be. Currently, the only European carrier in here is KLM. Meanwhile in the past, carriers like Lufthansa, British Airways (Briefly), Air France, and the defunct UTA were a common sight in here.

And I do hope (but it’s impossible in the hands of our current management) that Soekarno Hatta can be a convinient transit airport for Aussie-Europe travellers. It doesn’t mean we need a Changi-quality airport, but at least some convinient facilities offered by the management like some small koi pool, a cinema, better lounges, some nap seats with more choices of shops and duty free. As currently, transferring in Jakarta is a nightmare. As flights from Europe lands in early morning, while flights to Australia departs at evening in Jakarta. With lack of interesting facilities in the airport, transferring in Jakarta is a big no-no to travellers, especially when you have to stay at the airport for a long time. Staying in lounge wouldn’t make you better, as there’s only a lounge (2 actually, but the other one is reserved for SIA passengers in a “smurf” name) in the main terminal (T3 has a Garuda lounge, only for ST members). And equipped with mediocre facilities and foods. I’m sure you would only want to come to here once lol.🤦🤦

1 Like

KIAH
I’d like to see 2x daily AMS-IAH on KLM. Hopefully we can also get an A350ULR from WSSS. I’d also like to see Rankin road upgraded. Concrete at the top, with a roof, maybe a fabric roof.

1 Like

LPPR/OPO (Fransisco De Sa Carneiro Airport [or Porto Airport])

I think the airport could get some better WiFi (instead of 30 minutes free and then payed) not that it is urgent but it is usefull for various people, also they could have a deck for spotters, because inside it is impossible to spot, the amount of shops near the glass have completely blocked the good view of the aircraft parked at the gate.

When: in a few years

1 Like

Airport: EIWF
What I want: runway extension so Ryanair can come back and fly in/out.

More gates and a larger terminal would also be handy.

1 Like

I think Dallas Love Field, despite the recent legal action with Southwest, would prosper further if they did a gate expansion.

The gate expansion could give Southwest more gates to operate from, and maybe give Alaska Airlines some more gates for when they do their flights to SFO, PDX, SEA, etc.

2 Likes

That EHTE go’s comercial!

1 Like

My home airport is JAX, I would like a transatlantic service but the chances of that are slim.

2 Likes

Home airport is KBQK, I would like more routes not just a few delta connection flights to Atlanta, maybe even a runway extension and terminal extension to have it look something like KLEX Edit: And some ATC because it is uncontrolled

My home airport is KDSM, and well I hope they could build a new terminal. Their current one is old and small, and it would help if it was updated, as I feel like that would attract more airlines, and current airlines flying there to fly some new routes. I also hope to see a longer or even new runway made in the future

My home airfield is Blackpool, they used to do international commercials flights (Jet2) but now they don’t, I want them to introduce that again (Having a 737 behind you on final is a pretty cool feeling).

Other than that EGNH isn’t a good airport.

My home airport is YSBU, Sunshine Coast airport, and by 2020 they will have finished a new 2450m runway, which means A330’s,
787-8’s and A350’s will be coming from International destinations. Mostly form Asia. I am really looking forward to it because I live right at the end of the new runway.

1 Like

I want delta to come back into Toledo (KTOL) and offer some regional/SH flights like KSTL, Nashville, KPIT, etc… I was disappointed when they pulled out of Toledo.

I want KBDL to be known more for a international airport! The airport is a little bit more popular now with Aer lingus operating a flight to Dublin.

2 Likes

Would love to see KBWI get more transatlantic, as well as add more terminals/concourses! The demand for it is there!

1 Like