What do you think will be the next generation of commercial aircraft?

I was thinking what will airbus and Boeing are doing now and i am wondering how far they are away form announce a new aircraft. I think airbus may be the next to announce a new aircraft in the next few years as they do not seem to have any new aircraft announced after airbus a350-1000 when Boeing have the 777-8/9-X.

1 Like

All have their time…wait n possibly a legend may come out of the production hanger

1 Like

Boeing is 15+ years away from production of a new aircraft, and this will be the replacement for the 737.

The 737 base design is now 50 years old, it’s the next to be replaced with a fresh narrow body design.

The 777 is relatively young and in high demand
The 787 is brand new and just replaced the 767
There is no current market for the 747 at the moment

5 Likes

Boeing seem to be working on something… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Yellowstone_Project

2 Likes

Yep, Y1 as it states will replace the 737. Still going to be Years away yet, seeing as the MAX series is still a few months away from even having its first commercial flight… they won’t be replacing it anytime soon

1 Like

I found this on Google Images, this could be taking you through the sky in like 2030…

2 Likes

I think the market is in a transition phase right now moving towards a different type of aircraft. Both Boeing and Airbus are investing in research and development of new materials and systems.

In the future we will see more and more aircrafts using composite materials, tons of electrical systems and best in class software technology and they will be very fuel efficient. We already have a glimpse at where the industry is going with both the B787 and A350.

On the other side all of this will ultimately increase the overall lifespan of the aircrafts so I guess we will see less new aircrafts but a constant flow of smallest improvements on existing ones.

2 Likes

I think airlines are in need of a narrowbody, medium haul aircraft, just like the 757.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.