What do you think is the safest aircraft ?

CRJ and 717 have 0 look at that!

3 Likes

That is what I am talking about XD

3 Likes

Lets stop joking about that, we get it, it had an issue, and people lost there lives, people are working on it, so lets stop, it’s not funny

4 Likes

Note my post above. I’d like to remind you guys that human lives were lost in both crashes, so just ‘joking’ about the MAX is really below you. Families lost loved ones that can’t be replaced and just turning it into a joke is just shameful.

4 Likes

Please be mindful that this graph only shows hull loss. Which is when the aircraft is so damaged that it is beyond repair. This graph doesn’t take into account the number of accidents or incidents involving the aircraft.

4 Likes

The A320 becuase it doesnt have maintanance issues nor major incidents

1 Like

In terms of the picture used showing a water landing/evacuation, it is impossible to do such a thing with such a large aircraft. The only reason the Hudson water landing was successful is because the pilot landing on the north River section which is much calmer then the other side. If he had landed on the southern section then the plane would’ve shredded to pieces upon impact.
In short. The left side of the river where the plane landed is calmer then the right.

1 Like

Dang Douglas DC-8

Most probably the A380s or the 747s, The a330s could be a part of the list too. Generally, all aircraft are safe and designed take you from point A to point B.

1 Like

The 747 back then wasnt safe. Example: Tenerife Airport Disaster, Flight 800, Flight 123, Flight 103, etc.

But now I think it improved a lot.

2 Likes

The problem with this graph is that it shows every Hull-loss. Most of these are pilot error. Planes like the 737MAX, A380, A320, DC-10, and 747-100(Cargo door) have had design flaws that either caused, or nearly caused accidents. But planes like the A330 and 757 have had accidents that were caused by either pilot error, or some obscure thing that rarely happens. Actually just thinking about it, both accidents I am thinking about involve pitot tubes. So to say that planes aren’t safe because of pilot error accidents, is incorrect.

1 Like

The E-Jets are pretty safe and they look adorable.

1 Like

Extremely safe.
Go and try it:
imagen

5 Likes

I think I will go with any GA planes. That truly is as safe as the pilot cause they rarely have failures.

1 Like

737 MAX. I’m serious.

2 Likes

The Tenerife Disaster was purely pilot error

3 Likes

In my opinion, there is no “safest aircraft”. However if I were to choose one, it would be the A350 😉

4 Likes

there is a lot of factors that go into this. For example if the plane has had a crash what caused it? If it was by pilot error then that isn’t the fault of the aircrafts software or design. But if its like the cargo door incident of the DC-10 then that’s the aircraft issue.

So if you take any pilot error crashes out of the equation then it could bring down the number of crashes a plane has had.

Personally I think the a330 is definitely one of the safest in our skies! It’s had very few incidents and is very popular in the skies!

I know, bu the rest are because of failure of some mechanical thing

Probably the 757 and the A330.