What Do You Think About These Photos?

As some of you might know, 05/07/16 was The Kentucky Derby. I live near Lousiville, where it is held. Since a lot of rich people come see it their private jets park at KSDF (Louisville Int’l Airport). These are some pictures. image

12 Likes

Dang those are a lot of private jets!!

@Winner580 See the last photo I just added. Multiply the number of private jets you see in the picture by 4.5 and you’d roughly get the number that were there. You can’t even describe it with words. I got these pictures just before a big thunderstorm rolled through (started as I left). There were planes lined up on taxiways and everywhere. KSDF isn’t built to handle that many planes! You can only know the quantity by seeing it!

1 Like

Sounds like an over-utilized aerodrome like KNUC in IF but IRL this time… And yes, great pics!

@hmkane what camera do you use?

1 Like

That’s a lot of money in one place

Some good pics 👍 Love the delta 😜

1 Like

Believe it or not, that’s my iPhone 6s. I wasn’t planning on going to the airport but on my way back from a Derby party we passed by the airport and it had so many private jets I convinced my parents to stop for like 30-45 minutes.

Oh yeah it is! There was a police man parked not far behind our car cause we were right at the fence because we had walked through a lot of grass. He was making sure we weren’t gonna climb the fence I guess.

Ah yes, the Deltas. Normally, we only get 1 738/a319, a few md80s/717s, maybe 3 or 4 E170s with 3 or 4 erj145s. But for Derby, we have about 5 757s and 3 or 4 erjs/e170s. I swear I saw a tone of 757s from Delta there! Even AA brought an MD80 in, they usually use a CRJ. United didn’t bring anything new. I don’t think Southwest brought anymore 738s down here than they normally do (1-3 a day)

2 Likes

Oh yes it is! They have just about every taxiway leading to 17L with jets parked on either side! Every nook and cranny has jets in it! We were there for a bunch of takeoffs cause derby had just ended and the rich people wanted to get out before a storm last night (you can see stormy weather in last photos)

1 Like

This is the airport layout:

1 Like

This is my version of what it would be like (this is somewhat accurate, it gives an approximate amount)
Red = Private Jets
Yellow = Commercial Aircraft
Green = UPS Worldport
(Compare all the private jet parking to Worldport, Google Worldport to see its amazing size!)image

1 Like

I’m amazed that the commercials take up such a small space…

2 Likes

Yep, we’ve got concourse A & B. About 25-30 in the whole place!

1 Like

I did think so because of the noise on some of the pictures (6, 9, 11, 12) but there are some nice photos there :)

1 Like

Yep, I see. 9,11,12 were inside the terminal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.