What do you think about the dash 8 q400?

Hi i have made a similary topic just with the 787 and after hearing all of you guys opinions i would love to hear you guys opinion on the dash 8 q400. And i love it

4 Likes

It’s been doing well as an aerial fire bomber

2 Likes

Yea and that good

I love the Dash 8-400/Dash 8 Q400. It’s a very versatile aircraft and has some very powerful engines, and is the lifeblood for some regional communities all over the world.

3 Likes

I like it, it looks like a hard plane to land

1 Like

Nice aircraft. Connects remote towns to major airline hubs with specs rivalling that of some regional jets. Very comfortable plane for short hops.

1 Like

It depends…

It is an amazing aircraft to spot, look at, and fly simulations of. It also can do some pretty amazing things as @RotorGuy mentioned.

As a passenger, not so much… I really hate flying on them as they are loud, usually dirty, and cramped.

2 Likes

The Q400, along with the CRJ (I’m a bit of a Bombardier fanboy), is one of my all time favorite aircraft. I love everything about it, especially its unique look. Alaska Horizon flies it to several airports around me, so It was one of the very first aircraft that I learned to identify. One of them flies over my house on approach to KBZN almost every day, I love the sound of the engines and how it flies at a lower altitude so that you can see it pretty well in flight. It being added to Infinite Flight several years ago made me even more infatuated with it. It’s definitely one of my favorite aircraft to fly: super powerful, easy to control, and can make some beautiful landings. I was very sad when Bombardier sold it to a different company, which probably means not many more will be made. It will always have a place in my heart.

Photo Credit

4 Likes

First, don’t blame you. Second, Cseries is best.

3 Likes

I love it. Because Air Baltic has them. Never flown it sadly but hope to try them before BTI retires them.

Straight FAX!

2 Likes

I flew it twice and really enjoyed it. A great airplane for those short-hops!

1 Like

I love the Q400! One of my favorite features it has is the main gears and whenever I fly on them I always try to get a seat right by the landing gear so I can watch it go up and down Although it does block my view of other aircraft on the ground
My hometown airport get tons of Dash 8s operating for Horizon and when I was younger I used to fly on them all the time and I guess that’s how I fell in love with them and aviation and when I realized that I all I wanted was to be a pilot

4 Likes

Ooooh yes… the visible landing gear from the window! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm…

That just screams unique.

1 Like

The fact I get (or I guess I have to) hop on a Dash-8 to get from PDX to YVR yearly is an amazing ride. From start-up to turning off, the blades never get boring to watch, especially on takeoff where they really power up…

And the drone 😍

And the landing gear😍

1 Like

I love the Q400! It’s one of my favorite planes ever, especially in these liveries.

Alaska/Horizon new livery

University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) Nanooks livery

It’s beautiful, great to fly in (a little small, but that’s what it is, so it’s great), very versatile, powerful, fun to fly in Infinite Flight, and is easy to butter. I could go on for a long time, lol.

2 Likes

it Canadian!! so it automatically good! (IMO)

2 Likes

Powerful little thing. It’s underrated in it’s ability to connect small towns to larger cities

1 Like

I love it
QantasLink
Air New Zealand
Alaskan
Flybe
Are my favourite

1 Like

As long as you’re not spending more than 2h in that thing, you should be fine 😉

Capable of low altitude barrel rolls and 7hr flights. Nice plane.

1 Like