What do you think about the communication between the pilots in Infinite Flight?

I was thinking, it would be nice if I could talk to other pilots in Infinite Flight itself, for example: I’m flying there in good haha, there I see my friend on the map, so I go there to connect to his frequency and we’re talking … Remembering I’m not asking to add to the game, I just want to know what other people think of it …

1 Like

It would be some sort of

-hello

5 Likes

I don’t know how much it would take to implement this idea, but I feel like it is going to clog up the app and Infinite Flight developers want the best app quality. In-Flight Chat could slow the app down.

That’s what I think of it not to talk about the fact that there are also people who would bully others.

1 Like

Thinking about this, you’re right … But the conversation was going to be typed, and also the frequency had to choose between public or personal … The public frequency everyone could call you, the staff only your friends … Example in the public frequency when someone was going to connect appears an option to accept or not … I believe it would not be so heavy on storage to add this to the game …

No. Abosulutely not. Look at games with voice chat built in already, abosulute mess. Just going to have people insulting you nonstop and other shinnagins.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Read what I said in the comment above.

There are many topics just like this one… Go Vote!! :)

2 Likes

Very well. Than a friends list or something similiar must be established as you know two or more people can have the same username & callsign. How do you plan to resolve this conflict? Seems more work for the devs.

2 Likes

Maybe it should just be like the communication with ATC. You have a set number of prompts that you can say.

Ex:

“United 1410, this is Southwest 123, vectoring around your right at 040 degrees”

That way when ATC are not present you can easily communicate your plans with other pilots.

2 Likes

I believe that this is a great idea, it needs some work though. My version is a little different. You may click on an aircraft to enable communcation but with preset messages like what is present in ATC. The preset messages will prevent people from teasing and scolding other players. The feature may be similar to ATIS which is only found in the Expert server. It can also work depending on your grade instead of server. Overall, this is an excellent idea but as I mentioned earlier, it needs some work.

3 Likes

Little confused… Is this suppose to be a feature Request?

4 Likes

I think it is, but he’s a basic user…

1 Like

I imagine the user just wants to know what people think about the feature in general. He may also turn it into a feature request once he reaches TL2.

3 Likes

cough X-Plane mobile

2 Likes

I am a hardcore X-Plane 10 simulator and I haven’t heard of voice chat in the game. I have never seen or heard it, have I been missing it? If so may you please tell me how to use it?

(Are you on mobile? If so) It’s in the multiplayer mode. There’s a button that literally lets you talk. (If you want to continue more about it just PM me :)

1 Like

The discussion has already taken place in the existing feature threads, not sure why we need another.

I doubt voice/chat will ever appear. We have people having enough trouble listening to ATC let alone typing or talking to distract them more. Sure other sims have it but you have to look at the lability risk that is introduced with this function. In this very litigious society, I don’t see the benefit. All it takes is to look at the comments of youtube or even a simply news story to prove that people on the internet cannot behave. Anyone can say anything being anonomyous on the internet. All it takes is one parent with cash to see something, sue, and FDS is no more.

You can argue that xbox and PS does it but FDS has reasons why they have not invested in it so we should respect their business decisions. Even then we are crossing platforms.

Take a look at some of the youtube videos of people live streaming their IF flights on youtube with audio. One was posted here a while back and in the first 40 seconds broke every community rule on behavior.

PS… TL2 or not, it has been asked before and new feature requests may be closed. Just sayin…

3 Likes

I find that maybe disturbing if it’s on a public self frequency. I don’t know if it would be a good idea, especially with different circumstances of communication. Having a strong mic or things in a general life would have to affect the pilot when chatting for example getting called in for chores while talking… As well as having a terrible microphone to connect… I can tell you one thing, there will always be problems with this idea but I don’t agree to disagree with your idea. I can see your thinking.

This would be great for in flight refueling. That way you and the tanker pilot or vis-virsa could sync up

1 Like

You can use PM on the forum for this purposes 😉. Chat will only distract users from real ATC and will make our job much more complicated

1 Like