What do you Think about the 787

They are in the same class. I was referring to Premium Economy from the few messages above that.

787 Premium Economy is in a 2-3-2.

A350 Premium Economy is commonly in a 2-4-2.

1 Like

I’m most likely in the minority here, but imo just like these newer aircraft it’s not as good looking as it’s predecessors, the drooping nose, and the less aggressive looking cockpit windows. Engines are too quiet thanks to regulations.

But don’t get me wrong these aircraft are paving the way towards the future.

2 Likes

As I said. That’s the same as me comparing 3-3-3 economy on the A350 to 3-3-3 on the B787, it’s meaningless as the B787 is the smaller plane in terms of width. It should always have one less seat. If it doesn’t, it means the seat is more narrow or like you mentioned it could be that the A350 still manages to beat it with the extra seat.

Perhaps get the dimensions? Would be interesting to compare.

1 Like

The surprising thing I saw was that the A330neo matches the B787 in cost per seat pretty much but even better, it’s 30 million or so cheaper. I suspect with AA and Hawaiian, they have to offer large discounts just to compete now. Getting a plane that much cheaper would otherwise be a no brainer.

I’m personally not a fan of the B787. I would rather take the B777 or B747.

1 Like

I’m still kinda confused as to what you’re getting at? We were specifically comparing the A350 and 787’s Premium Economy cabins to each other, not referring to the A330/777.

The A350’s internal width is about 0.18 meters longer than the 787. The A350 can actually have a 3-4-3 Economy Class configuration if an airline wants to immensely densify their aircraft (Air Caraibes).

1 Like

It’s a great design overall, but terrible execution affected by corporate greed. It would be much better if build quality wasn’t an issue, or if the Trent 1000 engines actually worked.

1 Like

Dont forget that it opened up the only Asian connection form Denver.

1 Like

Well, can’t forget about United’s DEN-LHR/NRT and Norwegian’s LGW/CDG/FCO. That list were the ones off the top of my head.

2 Likes

FYI for the sake of accuracy, PPT SFO was started on the A350 with French Bee/Blue.
SJC-NRT has had AA heavy metal in the early 2000s, I believe a MD11
Chicago-Kraków has been flown with a LO 767
DFW-NRT has been flown by JAL before with the 744 and MD11

1 Like

Guess I should’ve been more specific and put “routes opened/resumed by a certain airline”.

PIT-LHR as an example was served I believe decades ago?

Obviously LAX-AKL was served before AA launched theirs, and LAX-CHC was previously served by Air New Zealand.

2 Likes

True. Rolls Royce needs to get it together.

1 Like

In all fairness, no manufacturers engines on the latest generation of aircraft are operating to high standards of reliability. Leap engines have issues. Not to mention PW on the NEO’s… 😱

I feel like a lot of the, have rushed to the market, sadly in this industry they likely had to in order to meet the timescale of the aircraft introduced. If it’s not ready in time, you get left behind.

1 Like

While that’s true, you have to acknowledge that the Trent 1000 is indeed giving operators a myriad of issues, whilst operators of the GENX continue to run their 787 ops smoothly…

1 Like

Honestly I don’t like it. I prefer the A350 over the 787. I hate the nose on the 787. To me it just looks ugly. Plus the engine issues in early 2019 also set me off on a wrong note. I’m a little bit of an Airbus fan that might be why though.

1 Like

I’m a Boeing boy and love the 777 and 787 from a pilot perspective, but it it true Boeing makes a pilots aircraft and airbus makes a airline/passenger aircraft.

2 Likes

Erm…what? So all the new features present on the 787 that aid passenger comfort suddenly don’t exist? Perhaps what you meant to refer to is the cockpit philosophy. It is true that Boeing aircraft tend to prioritize the pilot being in control, whilst Airbus aircraft tend to prioritize automation.

2 Likes

The 787 is my favourite aircraft. I see many people taking the A350 over the 787, but I’m almost certain that Airbus made the A350 to compete with the 787.
I have no problem with the A350, just stating a fact. They are both good aircraft.

1 Like

I agree. But isn’t Boeing starting to gear into passenger comfort? Take the 787, the chevrons are there to make the engine sound more quiet.

1 Like

I flew in business class on a Virgin Atlantic B789 a few years ago, and what a splendid aircraft to fly on.

Very quiet cabin and the windows are electronically dimmable, which gives it a futuristic look compared to the old shades.

2 Likes

Cool story bro, fancy staying on topic rather than commenting on my nationality? 😂🙈

When I flew 787, the tint of the windows felt futuristic, yes @Alex_Kyte but I was on the sunny side and my lord do they get hot!

1 Like